Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Pleasantly surprised by the new Press Your Luck retaining most of the charm of the original (I wish they would stick the multiple choices above their heads during the question round though.) Even Banks as host isn't that bad. And the bonus round is actually fun to watch with the personalized prizes.

Not as big on the ten card rows on Card Sharks. Seems like it's pretty hard to actually make it all the way down there. Much prefer the two win format.

Spin the Wheel and Holey Moley would both benefit from being as crazy as possible. The format of adding money amounts to the wheel gets confusing, and at the end of the day, they aren't actually spinning the wheel so it's kind of lame. Not that a wheel that big can be spun by a lowly human, but they could at least let them choose the power level or something.

As for Holey Moley, they spend all this money on giant versions of relatively simple holes. In my mind, each hole should have a different theme they go all out with. Remember that old PC game 3D Ultra Mini Golf, where you'd hit the ball across a Blade Runner rooftop or a banshee castle or a drive-in? Like that. I think it suffers from the single-elimination format, making it hard to see every hole. Just have two people competing, or even two families who alternate golfers, and show us every hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Heard they were flying people out to South America for international versions of Release the Hounds (UK game show about surviving horror-themed challenges and outrunning a pack of dogs to win the money.) But haven't heard anything about it since, so I'm guessing it got scrapped like the US version of The Cube.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Vanna getting to host for the first time in, what? 30 years? Good for her.

I really hope the US Crystal Maze doesn't kill the spirit, but they filmed it in the UK maze, so they can't screw it up that bad. Nick's other game show right now is Top Elf, where kids who are too old to be doing this compete in arts & crafts competitions for Santa to become the Top Elf and win all sorts of toys I don't know the names of.

I can't wait for that Star Wars show. Legend of the Hidden Temple + Ninja Warrior + Star Wars, and Jar Jar Binks is hosting for cripes' sake.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

TelevisedInsanity posted:

ABC picked up Supermarket Sweep

:thumbsup:

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Leslie Jones is not only EP, she's hosting it.

:geno:

Hope they don't mess with the format too much, as it's superior to the UK version. Calling Jones a "genius" doesn't encourage confidence.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

TBS announced they're reviving ABC's Wipeout. No details other than the iconic Big Balls will be back.