Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

Robnoxious posted:

Speaking of TPIR, I just noticed in my program guide that over-the-air subchannel BUZZR is rolling a TPIR marathon that will start in about 20 minutes.
This would be the first time in decades that Fremantle has let old episodes of TPIR see the light of day.
I don't think TPIR was ever aired on Game Show Network outside of maybe some one off runs with John Davidson or Tom Kennedy hosting the TPIR PM edition.

BUZZR will be running the Bill Cullen hosted edition which means they might be airing the very first episodes before Bob Barker was tapped to host the incarnation of TPIR we all know and love.
Bill Cullen also hosted TPIR PM in the mid to late 70s.

Expect lots of furs, deep shag carpeting, Z-Brick wall covering and Datsun B-210s as prizes!

They're showing old b/w eps from the original Cullen run.

edit: first item up for bids: a Studebaker Avanti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
Here's a blast from the past, the July 13, 1973 episode of The Price is Right. I wonder if they even offered $10,000 total in prizes that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDBAyG-r_bU

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

hexwren posted:

I probably should, but I'm an old who wants to watch old episodes. It'd be nice to see some old stuff in better-than-early-00s-.rm-file quality, which is what everything online appears to be.

Probably won't happen as long as Bob Barker breathes. I wish GSN or at least Buzzr had them, I remember hearing that Fremantle won't syndicate TPIR because they don't want reruns competing with new episodes. They could at least leave out eps where fur coats were offered, but that would eliminate the very first episode, where a fur coat was the first item up for bids.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
I can ruin a perfect show on The Price is Right with only 6 letters.

P L I N K O

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
I saw someone on Facebook saying They are NEVER watching The Price is Right EVER AGAIN!

Not just because RuPaul was on Monday's TPIR at Night episode, but because Ru had the utter audacity to be playing for Planned Parenthood. Sometimes religious people make me laugh.