Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Oh, yay, I didn't see this thread. I've been too into old game shows via YouTube playlists. Scrabble's my current favorite, I get way into this loving game and how exasperated they get with the bizarre puzzles they come up with. A shame Chuck Woolery is a psycho chud.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsbamVB_CMljGkg7yyyqho0GqKWTxZqkN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Yeah, I tried it but bounced off. I don’t mind the host and I’ll always love the board and the lovely whammy animations but somehow the chase lights on stage being screens make the set look extremely cheap. Your prize budget is that high and you couldn’t shell out for a real lighting rig?

TelevisedInsanity posted:

The fact he can just have fun with contestants, the writers, and the audience, was probably the loosest game show around. It is the Late Night with David Letterman of Game Shows.

Yeah, I really like the looser shows that give hosts more to do or more to riff on. Even just Chuck demanding to know who wrote this awful puzzle adds personality. I get how you can host Price is Right for 30 years and always have something new to do but there’s no way I could be the douche with a weird head asking if they’d like to spin or solve for 40 years straight.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 29, 2023

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Yeah, I love Password Plus and Super Password. Super is real loose and Bert gets lost constantly which is extremely funny though a little concerning given he died in ‘91 of brain cancer. I loved him on Tattletales needling celebs and being good friends with Allen meant he destroyed Password Plus like a Celebrity Jeopardy skit whenever he was on. He’s incredibly charming and funny.

I totally get what Allen (I think it was Allen Ludden, anyway?) meant by getting frustrated watching shows where people failed to answer insultingly easy trivia questions for prizes. I enjoy the puzzle games like Scrabble more than, for example, Sale of the Century. I don’t mind them in Press Your Luck since they’re for banking spins on the big board and Peter Tomarken gets snarky when someone gives an outlandish answer or everyone gets it wrong.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 29, 2023

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Pinwiz11 posted:

I haven't thought of Scrabble in forever, I loved that show.

It’s great! You’re doing yourself a disservice if you’re reading this thread and haven’t seen it - it’s a really exciting game when they get good players on.

https://youtu.be/wecOIUqRLoE?si=dO_1ixYE6UvNaz7y