Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

I can't wait to see it, it's going to be frat bros from SEC schools isn't it? I'm more excited for the Uno game show which seems to not follow any rules of Uno.

Probably,

The category is World Capitals: What capital shares the name of a city containing a university I schooled between 1994 and 1997?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Doggles posted:

This would have been amazing to watch if every single ad leading up to the episode that night didn't spoil the ending. :argh:

It was even in the episode title.

The question wasn't even that difficult if you know the timing of the light bulb to presidents

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I complained about this in the Jeopardy thread but who decided to make College Bowl the Hee Haw Comedy Hour?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Alec Baldwin left his blanks at Match Game, making him only the second game show personality with a body count.

I'd assume he'd kill someone at some point but not accidentally.

Isn’t he the third host at least though? Unless Battle of the Network Stars II or The Apprentice don't count.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Wait, I'm talking about homicide here, not war crimes

The other person I was thinking of was Arlene Francis (2 deaths --one of them involving a dumbbell falling off a balcony and stoving in a dude's head, the other a car accident) -- who else were you thinking of?

Bruce Jenner (vehicular manslaughter) and OJ Simpson (everyone knows) who cohosted Battle II alongside Cosell.

Didn't know that about Francis. I do know about crashing a car on Northern State but not hitting or being hit by anyone there.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
It's probably Masked Singer showing Giuliani

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

TelevisedInsanity posted:

There was also a trailer recently for PASSWORD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WyMjm7-5E8
Caught Password last night and in my opinion is a travesty of programming.

The game itself is normal but it seems NBC decided it needed to be wackier than a cartoon.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Fezz posted:

Is the new Password reboot better or worse than Million Dollar Password? Because that version was terrible.

I don't know about better due to not seeking MDP but unfortunately it seems to be popular

https://variety.com/2022/tv/ratings/jimmy-fallon-password-reboot-ratings-digital-viewing-1235344992/

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
College Bowl has returned, in case people haven't seen enough Mannings

By the way NBC, you don't need to have 3 HBCUs in a sixteen team tournament

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

DaveWoo posted:

I loved the old Name That Tune, but I bounced off of the new one super hard. Everything just felt amped up to an absurd degree.

Same but with Press Your Luck, I loved the 80s version but making it a hour with half of it a tedious and unessential bonus out of the NBC playbook killed my interest.

Name That Tune seemed more interested in being flashy than good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

esperantinc posted:

A 10 week show with a single winner that gets 250k?

Did Rob Lowe have to put up the prize money himself?

He probably had a kilo. of powder laying around that he sold at below street value to fund it. How else did he get his first game show at Fox?