Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Thumbtacks posted:

man there's nothing quite like being $80,000 in debt and choosing to roam the country in an RV

it's a real rush

Cause I'm freeeeeeeeee

Freeeee falllllling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

:same: :same: but different

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

I am very uninterested in this. I don’t think I’ll participate further in that case. I’m not very comfortable sharing personal stuff; one of the reasons I fight so hard in here sometimes.

I’m willing to try a shrink one more time, but I want to wait for health insurance.

Edit: or at least, can you explain what is e/n? I don’t even know what goes on in there. I might agree as long as it ends up back here I don’t know what to think right now.

Why do you think your mental issues are not connected to your financial issues and why are you somewhat willing to work on the latter and not the former? Confront your demons or you'll be stuck in this pattern of behavior for the rest of your life. Try different therapists until you find someone you can be open with and actually try. Like "one more time" lmao what!?! Or dont you know whatever keep falling for those tricky truck commercials

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Bobbie Wickham posted:

You know the saying, "the personal is political?" Well, your feelings are your finances. You spend impulsively when you feel bad. You neglect your finances because they make you feel stressed, ashamed, and stupid. You let your family's dysfunctions sway your financial decisions. You're staying in this job (and in your mother's yard) because job-searching makes you stressed and uncomfortable. And so on.

Your financial situation is a direct result of your inability to cope with trauma and stress in a productive manner. Same with a lot of your other choices, like living with your alcoholic mother; you let yourself AND your wife AND YOUR CHILD be pulled into an unstable living arrangement with toxic people. You've put your child in the position of continuing the dysfunctional cycle of your family's emotional and financial problems. And if you think I'm exaggerating, try thinking about it in plain words: your son is living in a trailer that's illegally parked on his alcoholic grandmother's property, and his parents don't have the money for an emergency, let alone to improve his living situation.

I hope they dont gloss over this post because it seems to sum up the situation very well. Dont cause intergenerational trauma on your kid knyteguy. I hope his wife reads this as well.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

Otherwise it's just the last thread all over again: "guys we're totally going to pay $x towards debt every month!" when in reality much more went into random fun things

videogames, painting

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Is he paying $30 a month to host his video games

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Oh yea you definitely could get an apt in seattle. Most definitely

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

Got it, and agreed.

So I asked it in my nevermind post, but we found a new $3,300 couch for $80 at Salvation Army. Nearly perfect, brand new, still has a store tag plastic piece on the arm. Tiniest scuff at the top or a floor model is my guess for the donation reason. Doesn't look or feel like it's ever been sat on. Should we consider selling/"flipping" this? I feel like I'm going to be a freak about keeping it nice so it's tempting for that reason also: https://www.crateandbarrel.com/barrett-queen-sleeper/s657256?oc=1,263 . Used market seems to be around $600, but those are actually used not 'used'. Not sure what we'll do but thought I'd get some input.

Also, speed bump. My vape poo poo was stolen from my truck in the middle of the day, from my guess a teenager. We won't have the discretionary to cover another setup, so I either have to break the budget or quick nicotine products completely. So I'm going to quit nicotine completely because I'm very serious about meeting our budget. This is going to suck balls. Wish me luck BFC.

Who gives a poo poo what its worth? Its a cheap couch, get it and use it and don't yell at your kid for inevitably spilling some poo poo on it because they were used to living in a trailer. Its weird to me how you're so obsessed with catching perceived deals, like you said you were when you see truck commercials. Its a loving couch. You can't take it with you when you die and no one who knows you will care where its from. You aren't going to have it your whole life. You need it to sit on now, find one that is comfortable. Its not there to make you feel like you made it. gently caress, it should probably be uncomfortable to remind you what life will be like if you keep spending like you want to

Good luck with the nicotine quitting. I know firsthand how hard it can be, especially seeing other people consume it. Its going to take a lot of will power but you can do it. Do it for your kid. They are crazy impressionable and you don't want them to think its normal

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Jesus christ dude sell the drum set and dirt bike are you loving kidding me? What kind of clown are you

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

$300 isn't worth it. I have like $5,500 in these drums I'll just keep them at that point; I've been playing for 15 years now. They aren't costing me money to own, or the amount is negligible because we don't pay for storage.

As much I see you wanting to grow and fix your issues you're fighting it so loving hard for god knows what reason.

Sell your drums and dirt bike this weekend, fool.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

Here let me put it this way - I'll donate them to a charity or a needy school before I take $300 for them. I'd rather do that.

Dirt bike I'm going to see what I can do.

You have a lot of disposable income

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

I added this: But I was thinking about taking them to Guitar Center for a quote, at least.

Look it's 6:00am and I'm still waking up. I'll sell the loving drums to Guitar Center, but it's frustrating when I worked so hard for those drat things in particular. Sunk cost or whatever I guess.

Pretend some dumbass rube just gave you a dirt bike and drum set to sell THIS WEEKEND and you get 100% of the proceeds if you get it done by SUNDAY!! What a loving sucker dude! Free money! You got this right?! I bet you can hustle some scratch for it in 72 hours. You're on TV!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

LeafHouse posted:

This is such a stupid analogy. Yeah sure, if the choice is between $0 or the $300 GC would pay it makes sense to sell to GC. Fortunately, his drum kit is not rigged to explode at midnight on Sunday so he has the luxury of shopping for the best price. His high interest debt means an extra $200 on the sale is really $250 so it’s even more important for him to squeeze out max value.

Why are you gaighting someone with spending addiction and hoarding issues. It's not about the $

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Did the bike or drums ever sell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Good on ya getting rid of stuff KG!

Simpsons Reference posted:

What do we do with him, lads?

A toxx is only fun if there is actual risk