Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
Yeah it's worth pointing out to you your consistent problems

1) it took you several days to figure out what BFC was telling you the instant you made your post, your budget doesn't support your increase in expenses. I'm assuming you had the apartment idea for at least a few weeks before you posted since any normal rational person would sit and think through that kind of thing. The fact that it only took you a day (of being yelled at) to actually look at your finances and realize it was unfeasible means that it was both super obvious AND you spent several weeks saying "what a great idea" without considering the financial aide. This kind of dumbassery is why people keep calling you out.

2) just a few weeks ago

Knyteguy posted:

And yeah my bad I wasn't trying to say WAAH I HAVE THE RESOURCES FOR A HOUSE YAAAH, I just want nice floors eventually, etc. You guys have let me/us know that we're not ready for a house yet, so we're probably going to focus a little more on making the apartment home instead of a very temporary segue before we buy a house.

tl;dr: We'll change up the budget after the input given.

"We're going to make this apartment a home"

2 weeks later "NEW APARTMENT GUYS!"

You are always chasing the next thing that'll "for sure this will make my life perfect." The instant you were convinced you're not buying a house anytime soon you clearly latched onto another semi life changing expensive thing as a replacement. If you had done even the barest consideration of the financial side this kind of thing isn't normally a red flag, but it's clear from your latest post that you didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
Yeah and I know folks here have already made that point, I don't pretend I'm saying anything different. Just trying to prove the point with his own words given the whiplash of decision making and reversals going on

E: it's the reason I've never posted in the thread, or really followed up much in the other smaller ones we get. Folks problems are usually pretty obvious, and once the first wave of advice it comes down to "do they listen or not." The absurdity of his last post realizing on his own he couldn't afford moving was just something real special and I couldn't resist

threelemmings fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 4, 2020

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Knyteguy posted:

I don't know what you people want. I made a budget and apparently I don't have a budget. .

People just want you to USE the budget. It's clear you're not because you posted this

KG posted:

OK I ran the numbers and it's too expensive to move AND save $800/mo for retirement AND put $1,000/mo extra towards the truck. That's the answer I needed.

AFTER you announced you guys were moving apartments.

It's your own fault, if you had just checked your budget first nobody would have known and we'd had have nothing to yell about. Does any of this make sense? Your rapid about face after running the numbers tells the whole thread you never actually looked at your financial situation before you made that decision to move. This is the core of the howling abyss that is your thread.

The only difference between you and zaurg is you stopped and ran the numbers after some prodding. I give you full credit there for being willing to check and admitting you made a mistake.(kind of, you really said "oh I guess we can't move lol" then "why are you yelling at me now") But people are mad you're still making the same easily prevented impulse buys.

Im trying to make the connection as clear as possible directly between your posts. No assumptions, no saying "you ignored advice," your own posts show that you yourself know you are making bad financial decisions. The instant you checked your numbers you knew it was bad!

threelemmings fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 4, 2020