Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Knyteguy posted:

The only question is whether they'll buy it outright (the dealer) or consign it. If outright the loan gets paid off immediately obviously, if not they expect it will sell within a few weeks since apparently the market is still hot.

You know hows sales work right?

There's 0% chance they'll buy it outright because then it's a liability to them, if they do it on cosignment it's not. If they have a choice between buying it or selling on consignment, why would they ever buy it outright? It's a little bit more profit for significantly more risk.

Also ask yourself why the market would be hot right now? People are being told to stay at home and not go anywhere, peoples are losing jobs or losing significant chunks of income, who's got the discretionary $10-$12k to blow?

The salesman is telling you what you want to hear because he wants a commission cheque and it's no skin of his back if he doesn't sell it on consignment.

I mean it's probably worth following up, but I wouldn't be counting the money yet.

EDIT: Also don't kid yourself, they're saying they'll buy it for $10k sight unseen so they can get you in the door and then all of a sudden "well we could do $10k, if this scratch wasn't here, and if the tires had brand new rubber, but we'll have to fix those things up so hows $5k sound?"

Rudager fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Knyteguy posted:

I'm pretty sure you're the one who told me that spending on housing is actually a good place to spend, weren't you?

I don't see what you're point is with this comment? Being a good place to spend money isn't a justification for spending more money on it.