Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Welcome back! I have so many questions! What happened to your dogs?? (4 of them I think..? There was a cat or two?) Are you guys sure you want to get your kid going to school in Reno or Incline or whatever it was, because yikes?? Physical fitness goals still good? What do you think about Matt Patricia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
Why do you have to buy a house?

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
At least you're not talking about buying a house in Stockton or wherever again. I guess if you make a budget and stick to it to get that down payment, then buy that house? But you could have done that before the whole RV thing, so who knows where you'll be at in two more years.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
What's your target date to buy a house and how much do you need to have saved by then?

I.e. if you are estimating purchasing a 400k house in 2022 and you want to save a 20 percent down payment, that's 40k you need to save each year in the next two years. Then base your budget off of that.

I'm not saying home ownership is a bad thing, but it is going to take some time to get there. Just sit down and do the math, make your budget, and go from there. You can do it.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
I feel like there's going to be hella more deals on boats and such in the not too distant future, assuming we haven't all ripped ourselves apart by then. So put it in the budget?

I thought you already quit smoking a long time ago :smith: