Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Ancillary Character posted:

Here's the download link for the original Budget Template spreadsheet I got from the first thread:

https://gofile.io/?c=T7uEzr

Let me know if there's somewhere better to upload it, I just picked a random site that doesn't require me to register.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Sorry to hear about your loss, Knyteguy.

I have learned it is common to let things like a budget slide during stressful times like this. Try to keep in mind some healthy methods to deal with grief & stress instead of spending.

Congrats on getting the credit cards to zero.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Get out, zaurg

Eat poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Knyteguy you made a big mistake coming back, unless you have a piss/poo poo fetish. Good luck with this crew.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

April posted:

Can we please flush this turd already?

BFC is no longer moderated, April. Deal with it.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
*nevermind*

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
He's on reddit so he's alive. He just quit.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

n8r posted:

I miss KG more than I will ever miss Zaurg.

Agreed. How can that gently caress just abandon us? Nearing 5 months with no posts? I hope for our sake he is dead.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

zaurg posted:

Agreed. How can that gently caress just abandon us? Nearing 5 months with no posts? I hope for our sake he is dead.

Holy crap I don't remember posting this. What is wrong with me.

Anyway I'm glad you're not dead, KG.

Do you have the coronavirus?

When you say, "personal reasons", you mean you were ashamed at losing to me in the budget battle?

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Knyteguy posted:

... the retirement savings ... will be planned for

We haven't been following a budget

Get your head out of your rear end, Knyteguy.

btw I'm straight up pummeling personal finance into submission since selling my old albatross of a house 1 year ago. Net worth from 151k to 195k in the past year. Maybe your sale of that RV can help catapult you into... well wherever you want to be.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
The head has taken a wrong turn regretfully moving deeper into the rear end and at this point may be insurmountable.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Gotta spend money to make money.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Thanks Veskit I have fixed a ton of poo poo thanks to BFC guidance. I think KG has a chance still.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

sheri posted:

That is totally a zaurg budget. LOL

LOL KG said gently caress it and is trolling you guys.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
We can't go to bars any more, Nam Taf. Duh. What a knucklehead.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Knyteguy posted:

We're likely going to be moving at the end of this month.

After promotions to move here's how the first year looks:
$20,508 - new place
$18,000 - old place
---
$2,508 - difference
---
$209 - difference/mo

It's the same company that owns our current place so they can just transfer paperwork to the new place (we called and asked).

Current rent: $1505
New rent: $1800-$1909 (depending on view)

Deposit $299 and first 2 months rent $299. Probably a bit more for pet deposits.

It comes with 550 more sq/ft than we have now, an additional bedroom (for a dedicated office), and the best school district in the city.

3BR+ houses for rent would easily be about $900+/mo more than our current situation (I looked).

My wife's income was underbudgeted by about $200/mo so this actually shouldn't affect the budget categories much.

FYI when I moved last year I went from $1791/month to $955/month for rent/mortgage, in sunny south FL.

I finally listened to BFC. They were right.

I wish you and your family well.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
lol it’s like reading my thread again

good luck with pocketsmith lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

WobblySausage posted:

Debt:
Then: $70,510
Now: $22,942

Difference:
-$47,568 in debt gone since the start of the thread. Roughly $840/mo less in payments not including cheaper insurance/registration/etc from the RV and truck compared to our current situation.

Nice work