Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
There's no reason to take any of this seriously until youre in regularly scheduled therapy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I like how in his head the really dumb thing kg did was open the thread.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Burn this piece of poo poo thread to the ground faster than zaurgs please

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Knyteguy posted:

What other patterns are you guys observing?

Every time you go to therapy you find nothing to work on.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Rent and utilities would have been like 15k if that lol

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

It cost 1500 a month for an apartment in Reno????

The gently caress is going on in Reno?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Ummmmmmmm.

Does it track spending????

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

gently caress you

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

He's talking about buying houses again hahahaha.

I remember the first time I posted in this thread I was learning how to be better with my money and trying to help out with what I learned and I increased my net worth in that period of time by 6 figures (without having to buy a house or game some dumb investment.) thanks goons for all the help Knyte keep trying to buy that house that'll solve everything my guy.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Why do this thread again? Are we that desperate for a weak version of Zaurg? Just buy the house you want, 4% down is all you need so just save up like 4 grand or whatever gently caress outa here who cares.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I'm making a point that your dumbass is incapable of listening and had you from the beginning maybe you could have positioned yourself well. You have an opportunity to again but instead you do what you wana do. So gently caress it you go do your thing, and I'll just chill in this thread and make fun of you and the goodwill of goons trying to help you while you ignore them.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Knyteguy posted:

You obviously misunderstand my goals, which is the point of the thread. I have always made it clear that buying a home was a big part of this, all the way back to 2013 (I just checked).

And again, I asked what the hivemind thinks a good alternative is.

Sit the gently caress down shut the gently caress up stop spending money and save it instead. Come back when you have 20% ready for a down payment on a house and no debt.

jesus the gently caress christ

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

First thread was what, 7 years ago at this point?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

He'll get on better meds and try to relive the RV experience in a way he can enjoy it.

Sorry Yall I lost all patience after seeing how easy these things are to fix personally and Zaurg.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I have no idea how this much effort is being put into all of these changes you’re not going to make. You should just spend the time you would be posting here practicing mindfulness it’d go so much further or just keep posting and failing whatever

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Go buy the house then I dunno why you’re not

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Knyteguy posted:

Because like I said, I want to do it right.

The right thing to do is buy the house and just get it over with. It’s good timing too I guess. If the house is a bigger priority than financial, mental health, or physical health and that’s what you want just get it now. The right thing is what you want dog just do it

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

You can’t meet a short term goal so just meet the short term goal of buying a house and you can side step this unattainable thing you’re setting yourself up to fail at.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Retirement? I thought you were trying to buy a house

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Knyteguy posted:

I don't understand the glossing over of things. I literally just said I want to max out IRAs and likely additional retirement savings, and then plan our entire life around those contributions. The house purchase only makes sense if it fits within a budget that will allow us to retire eventually.

Why does your non existent budget have a house category.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Knyteguy : Guys come on, you know when I make a promise to do something I always promise to do it.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

tater_salad posted:

Have you considered shutting the gently caress up, Zerg?

He has a lot of time on the 4th not with his kids obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Knyteguy posted:

What should we do with our lease, then? It's still unsigned. We can do 6 months or 12 months. Rent goes up significantly ($160/mo) without a lease.

Mentally let go the thought of moving to a more expensive place for a year and this will be a really easy decision.