Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!
I think my favorite part of the saga so far is this juxtaposition:

Knyteguy posted:

Our plans are unlimited hotspot barring Verizon, and we have AT&T, T-Mobile (my phone) , and Verizon (my wife's phone and a hot spot). This was great on the road, but unnecessary now. I ~may~ be able to sell the plans, as you can't get AT&T or T-Mobile unlimited hotspot usage anymore and I'm apart of an RV internet group. I'm not counting on it, but I'll throw up a post later to see if anyone bites.

Knyteguy posted:

We have options if my mom's place doesn't work out; we're completely setup for off the grid living if needed (within commuting distance and legally) and there's also RV parks and whatnot, and we have a free bedroom at my grandma's if needed as well.

Dude needs to spend $400/mo across 3 different carriers to ensure that he has access to the internet at any time, any location.... but also believes that he is "completely setup for off the grid living". Yeah, sure. The guy who can't even spend a day with lackluster coverage is totally ready for off the grid living at the drop of a hat. :thunk: lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

Which is what? There's a lot of assumptions in his post.

I'll break down the points. No I'm not trying to be an rear end in a top hat.

So I don't feel that it fits my thought process at all. Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong.

The part where you don't address your scheme of trying to "flip" the couch for money which is what they were talking about. The points you raise here about wanting an $80 couch for your own use are fine. The broke brain part is all of the "zomg it is 'worth' $3k (ed: it isn't even if that's what it retails for) let's flip it for $$$!"

Edit: and before you say "but look I said I hoped a goon would say I could sell it for mad cash!" That touches on you having said you wanted to flip it but ignores the actual thought process of why. And in that you talk about "accidentally" buying baseball cards so lmfao

Raldikuk fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 8, 2019

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

What should we do with our lease, then? It's still unsigned. We can do 6 months or 12 months. Rent goes up significantly ($160/mo) without a lease.

How is this a question I thought you decided to stay until next summer?