Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
EDIT: Thread is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Skippy McPants posted:

I guess maybe we should post in this thread, since it has the name of the current game?

Star Wars Jedi Survivor: Uncompressed audio in over 6 million forms of communication

PSA from the bottom of the page

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Haven't seen a hairstyle yet that beats Mullet + big handlebar mustache. i look absolutely ridiculous and i can't take cal seriously at all

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MadDogMike posted:

On relatively high settings with a rather high end processor/nVidia 3090 Ti, only really saw major slowdowns on loading the game, actual play was just as good as the original game here.

I kinda doubt that, unless the original was very poorly optimized at first and you only played it near release (which is admittedly plausible). I can run the original at 4k/120fps with my 3080ti, but I get an unsteady 45-55 with this (that I notably can't improve with any graphics settings - it is literally impossible to achieve 60fps, even if I'm willing to run the game with the lowest settings and resolution possible).

The positive side of this is that I may as well run the game in 4k/high settings, since neither of those things influence the framerate. But it's still bizarrely poor performance.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haldolium posted:

why are there 2 threads...

The one I made is specifically for the sequel, and this one is specifically for Fallen Order.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

As decreed by the Sith Lord Darth Bane

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The OP of this thread hasn't posted since October so it'd be nice if a mod could just close it. I don't think anyone is talking about Fallen order anymore and if there is they can just use the other thread

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The big advantage of keeping this thread and still talking about Fallen Order, is that its playable on PCs. :P I've completed Fallen Order, loved the game, and have thought about returning to it after Jedi Survivor, but also then I remember the back tracking and no thank you.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you're not trying to get all the collectibles then the backtracking isn't nearly as bad

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I said come in! posted:

The big advantage of keeping this thread and still talking about Fallen Order, is that its playable on PCs. :P I've completed Fallen Order, loved the game, and have thought about returning to it after Jedi Survivor, but also then I remember the back tracking and no thank you.

On my initial playthrough (thanks to that Steam sale a few weeks back where it was like $7) this does feel like the most aggravating thing.

Also I'm sure it's been pointed out but Merrin is wildly more interesting a character than Cal - even if I've come around on him - but I'm guessing "Adventures of the Nightsister" is probably a hard sell to the suits.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Merrin is just the absolute best. :3:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Merrin is GOAT and I'm purposely ignoring the main story just to hang with her some more as she teleports about clowning on fools with her staff and has cute chats with Cal riding across the desert.

Also lmao, my amazing geometry busting climb-jump skills got me somewhere I guess I shouldn't be yet, whoops

gently caress you, game. Maybe if your dumbass story didn't demand I fly off with that Bode loser instead of letting me hang out and do cool stuff with Best Girl, we wouldn't have this problem.

:colbert:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

RatHat posted:

The OP of this thread hasn't posted since October so it'd be nice if a mod could just close it. I don't think anyone is talking about Fallen order anymore and if there is they can just use the other thread

Fired this up for the first time tonight and played for about an hour. Of which, I think I controlled maybe fifteen minutes of it, with 90% of it on rails. Tell me it gets less like this. I did have some fun and was quite visually impressive on my 3060 with max settings.

Every time I parried I instinctually hit R1 for a DS riposte and started thinking this game would be great with DS controls.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You're on the story heavy tutorial world, you'll be in control for much more of the game once you're off it.

Also think of the parry as more of a Sekiro deflect (building up a stagger bar on the enemy) than a Dark Souls parry.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I started this game more than a few times but kept falling off of it, I picked it back up with the hubbub about the new one and have been enjoying it a lot now that I pushed through the early game. Zeffo is loving huge, isn't it? I doubled back after I got push to break the walls I passed earlier and found the security upgrade for BD1 which led me down a whole other path. It's seriously impressive but it kind of sucks getting around when I'm trying to obsessively collect everything.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

explosivo posted:

I started this game more than a few times but kept falling off of it, I picked it back up with the hubbub about the new one and have been enjoying it a lot now that I pushed through the early game. Zeffo is loving huge, isn't it? I doubled back after I got push to break the walls I passed earlier and found the security upgrade for BD1 which led me down a whole other path. It's seriously impressive but it kind of sucks getting around when I'm trying to obsessively collect everything.

Zeffo is huge and you aren't meant to do everything the first time.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Yeah, it's a planet you come back to as you unlock abilities in order to access new areas and new shinies.

Considering how many people talk about hating backtracking in this game, I think I must be one of the outliers when it comes to the collectible stuff, because I enjoyed going through and finding everything even without a fast travel system. I understand the desire to not have to find and fight your way back through everything, though. But, I also liked exploring planets in the original Mass Effect, so that probably says something about me, like I'm willing to put up with certain bullshit systems that other people aren't.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
It’s poo poo like having to go back through the tree that sucks, or like certain parts of zeffo. Places that are annoying to get to and/or lock you in to a very boring traversal sequence that you’ve done already.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dogen posted:

It’s poo poo like having to go back through the tree that sucks, or like certain parts of zeffo. Places that are annoying to get to and/or lock you in to a very boring traversal sequence that you’ve done already.

Yeah, Zeffo doesn't seem to have a lot of shortcuts so you're going the same extended and roundabout way to get to the new thing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Thanks, maybe I should go back and help the team with that AT-ST now :v:

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
The backtracking isn't all that bad for the most part because you can respawn all the same enemies and mowing through them with upgrades is actually pretty fun. With multiple routes and shortcuts you can often even pick which enemy types you want to face in a given run, and later in the game there are occasional random encounters with the bounty hunters which can be a lot of fun when you nail it and crush them, makes you feel very Jedi.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It doesn't help that the landing sites are generally on the edge of the levels.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
X-post from the Survivor thread, but the question is actually about Fallen Order:

Question:
In Survivor, when you break an enemy's guard and then keep attacking, after a couple of strikes they will push Cal away or break through your attack and retaliate, immediately forcing you to parry them again before you can attack them once more. Like in Sekiro, this is accompanied with an animation, and (I believe) a visual and sound effect.
In Fallen Order, you had to parry someone or break their guard before you could attack, but did it already have them Sekiro-style countering after a while with those animations and effects, or is that a nice improvement for Survivor? I can't remember.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
drat, I'm on the shattered moon exploring when I got to one of the force rifts, and found myself battling 150 battle droids. Game crashed, and since they hadn't given me a save spot in a while, I lost all that progress, including a boss fight. I can't believe there are no autosaves in this game.

Just redid the boss fight with the reprogrammed magnaguard. Shocked to see that even after I beheaded him, he kept on fighting!

Fun game so far, but a couple of random things. A lot of these areas you go to are inaccessible without the use of my jedi powers, and yet there are always pirates, stormtroopers, and droids already there ready to fight me. Plus, while the Jedi almost entirely wiped out, everyone is trained on how to fight jedi.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 30, 2023

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

You're on the story heavy tutorial world, you'll be in control for much more of the game once you're off it.

Also think of the parry as more of a Sekiro deflect (building up a stagger bar on the enemy) than a Dark Souls parry.

I think the next stop was also a tutorial heavy world but am seeing more of what the game is like. I'm enjoying it, just landed in Zeffo but haven't gone further yet.

I never played Sekrio but played all the other Souls/ER games. Getting a feel for the party and such, the fighting is pretty interesting.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm only on the second planet on PS5, I was having a good time but now I'm fighting the Elmer Fudd of Star Wars mooks and feel like a bully no matter how hard they might be trying to kill me.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Dogen posted:

Yep. Like I said, I get it. I just enjoyed the game enough to not find running around tedious. But if you have to do the tree slide more than once in the same playthrough then that would probably suck.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm sure glad the Inquisition troops love to stand dramatically by ledges for an easy Force Push, even if this does mean I still haven't scanned the one that wields the big electro axe because I'm constantly knocking them off ledges.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

What's a decent target resolution and settings for a 3060Ti and a Ryzen 5600X? I've maxed everything and most gameplay is just fine but on map loads get a solid 2 second framerate plummet that is quite disruptive, albeit once every 10-20 minutes. All other gameplay is great except for those loads.

Need to doublecheck what resolution I'm running at, but it was the highest that my LG C1 could take, maybe 4k.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TraderStav posted:

What's a decent target resolution and settings for a 3060Ti and a Ryzen 5600X? I've maxed everything and most gameplay is just fine but on map loads get a solid 2 second framerate plummet that is quite disruptive, albeit once every 10-20 minutes. All other gameplay is great except for those loads.

Need to doublecheck what resolution I'm running at, but it was the highest that my LG C1 could take, maybe 4k.

This happens to me too on a 3080ti/5800X3D, it's my understanding that the shader stuttering like that is the same thing plaguing the new one and can't really be prevented. I'm on Kashyyk now and it seems to be happening a lot. I'm also playing in 4K on a LG C1, but do sometimes play in 1440p on my monitor and still get the same thing.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

TraderStav posted:

Try 1440p, native 4K is a lot of pixels to push and isn't really needed when using the fancy upscaling software, especially on Nvidia.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

explosivo posted:

This happens to me too on a 3080ti/5800X3D, it's my understanding that the shader stuttering like that is the same thing plaguing the new one and can't really be prevented. I'm on Kashyyk now and it seems to be happening a lot. I'm also playing in 4K on a LG C1, but do sometimes play in 1440p on my monitor and still get the same thing.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Try 1440p, native 4K is a lot of pixels to push and isn't really needed when using the fancy upscaling software, especially on Nvidia.

I'll give the 1440p a try, but sounds like it's a global issue. My head was going there as the gameplay is buttery smooth aside from that.

Thanks!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Survivor done

God drat :stare:

Only real gripe was the more interesting villains getting shunted off halfway through the game and replaced with the most generic Bad Guy to ever Bad Guy

:3:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/1653037938073108481?s=20

EDIT: wrong thread but somewhat relevant here too I guess

RatHat fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 1, 2023

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/1653037938073108481?s=20

EDIT: wrong thread but somewhat relevant here too I guess

I'm staying out of the other thread to avoid spoilers so thanks for posting this.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Nihonniboku posted:

Just redid the boss fight with the reprogrammed magnaguard. Shocked to see that even after I beheaded him, he kept on fighting!

Same thing actually happened in Revenge of the Sith, so that wasn’t pulled out at random.

quote:

Fun game so far, but a couple of random things. A lot of these areas you go to are inaccessible without the use of my jedi powers, and yet there are always pirates, stormtroopers, and droids already there ready to fight me.

Everybody’s got rockets except you :D.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

MadDogMike posted:

Everybody’s got rockets except you :D.

B1 droid as I climb up from underneath him: "Wow! What a great View! This planet is beautif-aaaaaaahhhhhhhh"
Cal: finishing his climb up the cliff and looking at where he just chucked a droid over the cliff: "he wasn't kidding. That is a great view."

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Holy poo poo, that sequence on Jeddah where Merrin sends you portaling around the giant drill was one of the most intense gaming moments in recent memory. Truly an epic sequence, I was surprised to find it on youtube that it only lasted about 3 minutes. It felt much longer, but probably because I died a lot.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Dawgstar posted:

I'm sure glad the Inquisition troops love to stand dramatically by ledges for an easy Force Push, even if this does mean I still haven't scanned the one that wields the big electro axe because I'm constantly knocking them off ledges.

Use BD in binocular mode to scan them from afar.

Nihonniboku posted:

Holy poo poo, that sequence on Jeddah where Merrin sends you portaling around the giant drill was one of the most intense gaming moments in recent memory. Truly an epic sequence, I was surprised to find it on youtube that it only lasted about 3 minutes. It felt much longer, but probably because I died a lot.

Wrong thread, along with several others posting above you.

Can mods just lock this one?

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Or people could just use the other thread to talk about the new game and this one to talk about the old one, and if interest dies off enough that the thread is no longer needed then it'll drop into the archives :shrug: