Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
“This door cannot be opened from this side” Yup that’s a soulslike(okay not really but it does take a lot of inspiration from them)

Picked this up from PS+ and it’s a lot of fun. Parry timing feels weird though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I am, it still feels sooner than it should be

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The boss battles in this game feel a lot like Sekiro

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is this the only Star Wars game that’s still canon at this point?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The battle arena you unlock postgame is really cool. And the combat challenges are really hard

EDIT: Not sure why people think Merrin won't be in the sequel. They were clearly setting her up as a love interest

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Doing each planet 100% and Zeffo was a loving nightmare

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

jivjov posted:

Jedi: Battle Scars spoilers end result is that Merrin doesn't feel that way about Cal, Cal loves Merrin deeply but does not want to make it romantic.

Cancelling my pre-order

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

...! posted:

The trophy doesn't require you to counterattack the thing with a kick. You don't have to time it or anything. Let one kick you and then kick it one time at literally any point before you kill it. It's a pretty easy trophy.

The trophy that was a true bitch was the one for killing three guys with one lightsaber throw. It took me forever to find three guys who would actually line up properly. :argh:

There's a spot on the first planet where 4-5 bug enemies spawn, you can get it fairly easily there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Partial trophy list is out. No main story spoilers but still read at your own risk.

There seems to be quite a lot more side content this time. Also the Road house trophy :v:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The original game locked some lightsaber colors behind the deluxe edition, I’m glad they don’t seem to be doing that this time. Also they added the white saber color. Hopefully there’s an unlockable black too

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dogen posted:

Just orange, I think (for deluxe in the first game). Or that might have even been preorder content?

Yeah you’re right. I thought Purple was deluxe too but I guess not

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Lets wait to see if she survives the game first

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Review embargo lift on Wednesday.

Also spoilers are out there already

EDIT: Some non-story spoilers

Leaker claims story is about 25 hours long and says they didn’t do much side content.

Planets: There are 6. 2 are open world, 3 are more linear, and the last is a short one that’s only for story purposes.

New Game+ is in the game at release, and unlocks Red lightsaber color and a “party lightsaber” effect which I think means it changes colors

Companions: There are only 2, Merrin and Bode(a new character)

RatHat fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 24, 2023

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
EDIT: Thread is dead

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The OP of this thread hasn't posted since October so it'd be nice if a mod could just close it. I don't think anyone is talking about Fallen order anymore and if there is they can just use the other thread

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you're not trying to get all the collectibles then the backtracking isn't nearly as bad

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/1653037938073108481?s=20

EDIT: wrong thread but somewhat relevant here too I guess

RatHat fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do scorpions actually trigger Arachnaphobia anyway?