Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Chomp8645 posted:

If I missed some new, substantial gameplay video then let me know. The thing earlier itt just seemed to be some guy talking over the old footage.
They released new footage a few days ago, and a number of the press were invited to play the demo so you're basically getting people's comments overlaid on the dev provided footage. They weren't allowed to capture their own footage. They did show off robots and monsters get dismembered at least!

I don't think anyone actually played light saber vs light saber yet so jury is still really out on if it's going to be Sekiro style dueling, but the people who played the most recent demo did mention stamina depletion/deathblows on generic enemies. The devs did include some duels in their footage but nobody has played them. In the footage it was almost all dodging (the game even slow-mos when you dodge but that might just be a power). I'm guessing the game is much more God of War than Sekiro, but the duels looked bog standard to me. The other bosses they showed off looked much cooler, the ATST looked great aesthetically.

Things I noted in the 23 minute easy allies video I watched:
- Cosmetic color drops for MC/Droids, people found ponchos but not new outfits yet
- Metroid Prime scanning/maps (very cool idea to steal imo)
- Heavy customization system on the lightsaber (not sure if only cosmetic)
- Skill web
- Force powers are mapped to face buttons so they're more accessible than d-pad switching to one spell/power
- Backtracking will be a part of the game, not sure on depth. Plenty of exploration.

I'm kind of excited. It helps a lot that Respawn made an excellent single player experience in Titan Fall 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Pretty sure it's more like they took design tips from God of War than Dark Souls at this point, we'll see though.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
More God of War than Sekiro I think, all the bosses videos so far had very little parrying but plenty of death blowing that looked like a parry.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah, about what I expected. Hold a button to perma block, flick a button to parry that staggers weaker enemies, roll for everything else. Spam attacks and if weak mook is blocking it works their stamina bar down into a typical death blow Nice to see the force powers got mapped to a lot of buttons though.

The sound design is good, can't decide on the graphics cause the stream quality is iffy. Lightsaber looks good, the other characters' faces look good but the PC looks like a doof :thinking:

Death blows look/sound great. Opening level set design looked fun.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

TheAgent posted:

I dunno if respawn has blackmail material or what but EA has been pretty hands off with respawn since titanfall 1
hm have they even in the case of apex legends though? EA seems pretty up in that wheel house it seems

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1189287614639202306

Wheeee posted:

Anyone who hasn't yet should download Titanfall 2 just for the campaign, even if you never intend to touch multiplayer.

It is short and sweet.
yeah it was like 5 bucks during the christmas sales last year too

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

PunkBoy posted:

Trying to think what was in-between TIE Fighter DFII. Rebel Assault II and uhhh, Yoda Stories?
The start of the Nintendo next gen star wars games - Shadows of the Empire?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAQXFRV8T40

Maybe we'll see another rogue squadron game one day

man what a rabbit hole, had no idea there was a toy line for Shadows of the Empire but ofc there is complete with a mark hamil voice over on the commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcdfK3DrJNQ

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 15, 2019

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Anti-Hero posted:

Does Precision Evade not fire if there is any tilt on the left stick?
correct, I didn't learn this until I went to look up a video on how to get the respective trophy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Dogen posted:

You can always use it. It just doesn’t grant force boost and slowdown until you get that skill.
drat where the hell was that ever mentioned, I didn't even know about that neutral stick dodge until the end of the game and figured the whole thing was locked behind the upgrade. I had to learn different timings and deal with the shoddy side step into roll mechanic which seemed to get the job done, and there was even that Kick attack which seemed to kind of urge you to work with side steps.