Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Heads up: Unlike a number of recent PC releases, it looks like we’ll be able to unlock the game on Origin early with a VPN. I get 5am PST on Thursday if I set it to NZ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Somebody ripped the game logos and all the ability training videos off the preload:

https://streamable.com/l2xfg

Weapon spoilers.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Aquasnake posted:

I saw a video about tips for this game and one of them was about going to Dathomir first for the Dual blade. But it suggested just running past all of the enemies because 'There's just no way you can possibly beat them yet.' And I just want to say, that's absolutely not true. Admittedly I was only playing on the normal difficulty. But I was very able to handle Dathomir without it being overly difficult and it also gave me a ton of levels so I also had a leg up on the rest of the game. It's nowhere near impossible.

Yep to all this. I remember actually being bummed out at hitting the progression wall shortly after getting the double saber, because I was totally raring to go with that thing.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Don't knock the "no poncho" option either

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Torrannor posted:

Why isn't there a massive Empire presence on Ilum? The Emperor knows that this is the prime source of lightsaber crystals in the galaxy, any jedi or force sensitive he missed in his purges has a good chance to end up on Ilum to craft a new lightsaber!

Cal has a remarkable ability to remain totally dry, no matter how long he's submerged in water. Especially impressive in regards to his hair!

Edit: Oh, so there is a big Empire presence on Ilum. Just not in the main jedi temple for some reason. I do wonder why the Mantis can just fly wherever it wants without getting detected by the Empire's military presence. Is Cere giving them an imperial ID really enough to fool all Empire forces forever?

Fly back to Ilum after you leave for a fun visual easter egg

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

Instead of a second lightsaber give Cal a gun imo. No need to turn it into a shooter or anything, just have it as an extra tool in his arsenal so he can pop stormtrooper grunts from a distance, or fold it into Force combos, or use it to keep Force-wielding enemies distracted while he closes in with his saber.

Sick gunslinger spins while holstering mandatory, of course.

You may be getting your wish, below is the Cal action figure for Jedi Survivor

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Sammus posted:

Agreed.. I fully expect Andor to have to deal with a dark trooper threat at some point, assuming the show wasn’t a one off thing.

We got dark troopers in Mando S2

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZSbQMqbkLI

Bless em, we've got equippable hairstyles now :allears:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

A bunch of previews just dropped but the only thing that really matters is that you can make Cal look like this

:allears:

edit: oh and further confirmation of Klaud's species

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Wake up sleepyheads, there's a new trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmj3ty-Wt48