Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

I was gonna make a joke about having a dedicated "yell at small child" button too, but I guess it's most of the way there already.

Talk to Droid button is superior to Yell at Boy button.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Fun game, hope they get to make a sequel.

BD-1 is the best Starwars Droid.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

If we get a squeal I hope they let us play as Cere. Cal is alright, but she has the better character and conflicts, hands down.

I was very glad they didn't kill her off, as tends to happen with mentor figures in stories like this one. The partnership of equals she and Cal evolve into by the end was cool.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 28, 2019

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Really wish there was a New Game+

I'd enjoy playing the game against with all my poo poo unlocked, but screw starting from scratch with no fast travel.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I reloaded my post-game save to poke around a bit and it looks like Merrin has a bunch of transition and planet dialogue that you probably miss because of how late in the game she joins the crew.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

Like I said in a previous post, I definitely nearly burned out and bounced from this game when returning to old planets to backtrack became a thing. But I’m glad I’ve stuck with it. I have so many drat force powers now. I have to be the worst Jedi in history though. Like Obi Wan rolling over in his grave worst, because it doesn’t seem very Jedi of me to be force pulling enemies into my grasp and instantly executing them through the chest with a lightsaber. Boy it’s rad as hell to do to ranged soldiers but lol loving no way it’s Jedi-kosher.

Jedi murder the gently caress out of people all the time. So far as I can figure, the only difference between "light" and "dark" is whether they impale people while humming like an ascetic monk or screaming like Kratos.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Eh, I like Kyle Katarn okay, but I'm not desperate to have him back in the mainline continuity. I'd rather they tell new stories with new characters.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

2) The bounty hunters in the game just feel weird and tacked on. I don't know how to explain it but it feels like there was meant to be more to them but they just exist as slightly harder enemies in weird locations. It feels like a whole system was meant to be there.

That whole plot fork felt underbaked. I was shocked when the kidnapped by pirates segment was over after one quick exploration sequence followed by an area battle.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Only came out last November, and this is a console release year which makes dev cycles fucky. To say nothing of COVID.

I could see them doing an announcement during the summer press conference blitz, but I also wouldn't be shocked if we don't hear anything about a sequel till 2022.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I'm cool with that, I want a TF3 real bad.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, it was locked behind a console command in Outcast and Academy cause Raven Software was 100% onboard with saber dismemberment (as you'd expect of the devs who made Soldier of Fortune) but Lucas Arts took one look and said no loving way.

In the default game, you would still rarely see a hand or forearm removal but nothing like the turning enemies into confetti you got with the console command enabled.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 20, 2021

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

WattsvilleBlues posted:

alongside a Star Wars first person shooter also made by Respawn.

Return Kyle Katarn to canon.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I bought the lego BD-1. He's pretty neat. Haven't put any lego together in over a decade.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

Instead of a second lightsaber give Cal a gun imo. No need to turn it into a shooter or anything, just have it as an extra tool in his arsenal so he can pop stormtrooper grunts from a distance, or fold it into Force combos, or use it to keep Force-wielding enemies distracted while he closes in with his saber.

Sick gunslinger spins while holstering mandatory, of course.

Go full-on Dark Forces. The light saber is a cool and powerful weapon, but sometimes you just gotta lob grenades at a fool.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

This doesn't Bode well for Merrin.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

You just need to make a Star Wars game that follows the Hellish Quart example: touched by sword = ded.

https://i.imgur.com/nocKKWx.mp4

Edit: you could also do this with a cheat code in the Raven Software games (Jedi Outcast/Academy), and while popping off arms, legs, and heads with the lightest touch was OP, it was also fun as gently caress.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 2, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

For Kyle to return, there'd have to be someone out there making Star Wars stuff who cares enough about him to drag him forward into the new canon. I dun think that person exists, sadly.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

Not My Kyle.

Eh, it's not too far off his Dark Forces 1 style.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Sammus posted:

Yeah, but Andor needs to work to destroy their production facility, setting up that the dark troopers in Mando S2 are the last dark troopers in the galaxy.

Andor can't be the new Kyle because Andor got blown the gently caress up. Kyle, as a video game protagonist, is immune to goofy little things like death.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

They realized they'd forgotten to add Merrin to the game and are rushing to patch her in.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Was like that in Fallen Order as well, if I recall. Cal just kinda walks like he's got a stick up his rear end.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

One thing I do hope is that they don't kill Cal. I'm kinda meh on the notion that all the Jedi have to be dead by the time New Hope rolls around. There were supposed to be like ten thousand of them in the galaxy. It's okay for a few of them to hang on in the margins rather than killing off decent characters for the sake of some dumb canon ruling.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

JBP posted:

I hope they just let him get his bit done and ride off into the sunset.

This would be great. It would be a nice change of pace to see a Jedi who doesn't try to fix the entire galaxy and instead focuses on keeping his family and community safe.

... Annnnnd, from a wider, more cynical PoV, I do expect Disney to continue seeding a stable of survivor Jedi into the new canon. They already have Ahsoka and Ezra. Despite the mess they made with the new trilogy, they're not about to let the Star Wars IP languish, and while shows like Mandalorian or Bad Batch are cool, they know there's too much money in kight sabers to let the Jedi fade away.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Performance anecdote, I'm about an hour in, and it's running okay with everything at High settings on my four-year-old computer. i5-8400 with a GTX 1070 Ti. Not a perfect 60 fps, but I'm not the kinda person bothered by a dropped frame here or there.

Game fun so far. Intro spoiler: Cal's red-shirt yellow-shirt crew are some of the most obviously dead people I've ever seen in video games.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I don't understand. Are people trying to run it on max settings with a toaster?

It definitely needs optimization work, but it's hardly non-functional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I guess maybe we should post in this thread, since it has the name of the current game?

Star Wars Jedi Survivor: Uncompressed audio in over 6 million forms of communication