Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I'm calling it now: the game is going to be really really good, and the reason you're not hearing a lot about it hype-wise is because Respawn's last game, Apex Legends, was surprise-released with zero marketing and made almost 200 million dollars in the first 3 months. I think that corporate is honestly trying to figure out how much of their huge 50m marketing budgets actually matter.

I just wish there was a little more gameplay footage out there. Everything I’ve read about this game makes me want to play it, but the (sparse) gameplay I’ve seen so far has done the opposite. Hard to describe, but it just looks clunky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Having fun with this game, and it’s good for what it is, but man it really isn’t scratching that KOTOR itch at all. The RPG elements present are all just really shallow, and that’s what I’ve been missing the most out of Star Wars games basically since KOTOR. Let me make my own friggin Jedi, sheesh!!!

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Chuka Umana posted:

The planets in this game are just not that interesting to me, I guess I wanted more RPG style open worlds with cities and settlements and places inhabited by NPCs. Kashyyk was cool though.

I'd like to see more exploration of life under the empire, I feel like SW never uses the broad artistic license they're given to make cool, fantastical poo poo.

This is also what I desperately crave from a Star Wars game. The worlds in this one are fairly large, but not really all that open. I wanna be able to go to Tatooine and putter around a cantina or explore a slice of Coruscant, all with NPCs filling in and making the place seem alive. I would waste so much time on Mass Effect with a Star Wars paint job.