Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
It would be pretty weird if Respawn were permitted to use the Star Wars IP and then churned out a bad game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I'm gonna buy this game I reckon

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Finished this last night. I thought it was an extremely fun, extremely well designed game that probably needed to cook for another six months.

I enjoyed the platforming, specifically that there was no prompts or compass. I remember playing Tomb Raider and having pretty much every move you need to do signposted and finding that unplayably boring.

I enjoyed the combat. Not as good as Sekiro or God Of War but still very fun. Ending sequence was awesome.

I'd prob give this game 9/10 but I only just got a PS4 so haven't played any of the Uncharteds.

Also it is sick when you fight a Purge Rifleman: if you force Pull they will just fire a blaster bolt at you as they fly toward you. Extremely cool

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

precision posted:

Fights against multiple enemies were definitely something that needed more work. A few moves you get were basically useless because they left you vulnerable and have no I frames. Like the triangle triangle combo that does overhead slash then leaping slash, doing that was never a good idea, but it was clearly intended to be powerful

I pretty much used that move when I got a stagger opening on tough enemies. It's one of if not Cal's most damaging move.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

The last boss fight was awesome. I think the addition of force powers to the combat and especially when facing another force user makes it feel like you are reacting to the enemy but also forcing the enemy to react to you, whereas in Dark Souls you learn attack patterns, dodge them, get some hits in, repeat.

Playing through the game again and just having a real fun time. The combat in this game is not difficult to master. Certainly simpler than Sekiro with way more forgiving dodge and parry mechanics. If you're not playing on Jedi Grandmaster you legit have like an entire second to parry an attack

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I'm actually shocked at how talented Respawn are. 3rd person action adventure off of the back of nothing but 1st person shooters, with two different types of suits breathing down your neck. This game could have benefited from another few months in the oven but no doubt they were under insane time pressure to release before Ep. 9.

Good on you Respawn

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I know! It's very tiresome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

Underwater diving felt like a literal last second addition to get some “”””additional value”””” in the game.

Cal needs to be able to go underwater for Ilum to make sense