Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Preload is up on Origin Premier (don't know about the rest), it's about 50 GB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Lol, I thought this unlocked at 8:00 AM in my timezone, but apparently it's 8:00 PM. Who the gently caress releases a game in the evening?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

It unlocks at midnight EST. That is not uncommon.

I know I know, I'm just complaining. It's my fault for not reading the release date more clearly.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

ymgve posted:

Oggdo Bogdo is some straight up bullshit. Can't jump to get out of the way of its unblockable attacks, can't dodge to get out of the way of its attacks. And it seems the dodges don't have iframes at all? Do you get anything later that makes dodge work better?

The timing on his charge is a bit annoying, don't dodge immediately wait a bit then dodge, but the other red attacks you can. Then just parry his regular bites or block em.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
I can't wait to get a Scomp link so I can open these Scomp link doors. I went to Zeffo as the first planet, was I suppose to go to the other one for the Scomp link? Or am i just supposed to be Scomplinkless???

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

Bust Rodd posted:

The complete and utter lack of ceremony or impact when Cal discovers/builds his Double-Bladed Lightsaber is so ridiculously jarring. This feels like it should have some level of significance and it has absolutely none.

Yeah, he just started poking at the thing and I was like, is this just gonna be a damage upgrade or what?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah, it seems like a weird choice to focus on so much cosmetic stuff, especially for a single player game. It's not *wrecking* it for me, I'd still be having fun without any collectibles, but it'd be nice to have something more interesting.

It would even be better if the cosmetics were a bit more outlandish or different, but it's sooooooooooooooooo minimal.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

Captain Hygiene posted:

FINALLY beat Ninth Sister on Jedi Knight difficulty, I'm not the worst Jedi after all :gbsmith:
Did not have a single counter, and eventually just went all dodge all the time; missing one of those and getting trapped in a triple hit that would take down most of my health was my usual downfall. I was at the point where it would've been way more doable if I'd found a third stim canister, so that's probably my next goal.

I found the best strategy for that fight was to just force push them into a corner then mash the attack button as much as possible, occasionally blocking but mostly just mashing. I was playing on the difficulty above normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Having like a 20% chance that you just don't use the stim was very annoying.