Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The videos that came out recently got me much more interested than the other ones from a while ago. I could probably stand it not literally just copying Dark Souls as much but I think I'll enjoy it regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm probably not the first to talk about this but after a relatively short evening of getting partway through Zeffo after a quick stop at Dathomir the only major thing I'm not really feeling is so many of the secrets just being various kinds of skins to apply to yourself, your lightsaber, etc. Like, I don't object to it and I'm sure some people will get a kick out of having so many poncho options and I'm probably going to go out of my way to find them anyway because I'm a loving idiot and I understand that having lightsaber or armor upgrades wouldn't really fit in but I also never really cared about even minor character creation so its still a bit of a letdown to not even get a databank entry most of the time.

Also am I the only one who can't stop calling this game Fallen Jedi instead of Fallen Order?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

dudeness posted:

I can't wait to get a Scomp link so I can open these Scomp link doors. I went to Zeffo as the first planet, was I suppose to go to the other one for the Scomp link? Or am i just supposed to be Scomplinkless???

Unless I missed something there isn't anything Scomp-opening-related on the other planet either and in fact there is a hard-stop on progression entirely after a bit until you get a new ability (which you might get on Zeffo but I haven't finished that part yet) so you can't do much there if you go first.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I didn’t expect stuff from Rebels to show up

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Cal probably just never thinks to ask him, the concept of boxes seems to elude him as he's still basically "WHOA WHAT THE HECK??" when BD dives into one to get supplies or treasure for the few dozenth time.

He’s reacting to BD diving in before he can check himself but that doesn’t make it any less funny when he reacts like that every time.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Anti-Hero posted:

I see this is available on Steam, but it’s missing many features like Cloud Saves and Achievements. Is there talk of adding those features in the future?

Otherwise it’s choosing between Origin or my PS4Pro.

It’s probably because Origin is still required for buying it on Steam so all those things are probably in Origin.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Is there any way to drop down to a climbable surface from a ledge above it? Like, climb down? The drop button doesn’t seem to do it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Can't you just press the "grab surface" button after you let go? I thought I'd done that a couple times.

I mean drop to a climbable surface while standing on the ground above it. It seems like you’re not supposed to do it because it feels like I’m playing an FPS in 2001 and trying to climb down a ladder.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

After finishing the second trip to Zeffo I was heading back to the Mantis but got sidetracked into the ice caves. Fought a bounty hunter droid there, died to it, got taken the arena, got out. But the dialogue before the ice cave suggested something might have been happening at the Mantis. Did I miss something?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Dogen posted:

Not really you’ll see when you get back.

Was it the droid and friend in the hanger?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of bounty droids how the gently caress do you dodge their charge attack? Is it just really right timing?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Where can I find some more of those +estus chests? I'm on kashyyk and I've still only found the one on the vault planet.

If you look at the map you’ll see a “secrets” collectibles category. These are life essences, Force essences, or stims.

Assuming you’re on your first visit to Wookiee planet then one I remember is easy to get but also easy to miss. On Zeffo just past the hanger where a couple of the rats are fighting over a stormtrooper there’s a small arena where a bunch of them come out of holes. Instead of moving toward the abandoned village look around and you’ll see a cave.

I think you should have Force push right? There’s another directly below the landing pad on Bogano. You have to do a little pushing with a ball through a fence but eventually you can get it into the hole.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

After the second trip to Wookiee planet I have to wonder, why don’t games just make the “sprint” swim speed the default or at least make the regular speed not so loving slow. They have to know people are always going to be boosting right?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Apparently there IS a cutscene for the DBL but only if you specifically go back to Brogan immediately after Zeffo. It gives you the option to go to Dathomir but you can only get 1/3 of the way through it at that point. It’s extremely sloppy.

So you have to finish Bogano 1, go immediately to Zeffo, go back to Bogano, ????, go to Dathomir?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

When you're out of combat bring out the lightsaber and try spamming the block button. You'll quickly notice a significant delay between lowering a block and being able to raise it again. Really fast combos like the ones on the dual dagger Purge Troopers seem like they are absolutely meant to be too fast for you to parry more than once during it. But those enemies will also generally have a heavier, slower attack at the end of a quick combo that gives you time to lower and raise your block again even if you were blocking for the rest of it. To use the dagger Purge Trooper again, they'll do their quick combo but then pause for a second and end with a big spinning attack which you have time to parry even if you only blocked the rest of the attacks.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Only while underwater though.

The underwater stuff feels like it was added at the last second. No animation for BD going into the crate despite dialogue and box animations for it, the incredibly slow non-sprint movement speed, and I’m pretty sure I could hold my breathe long enough to get all the underwater crates.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Soonmot posted:

Is getting underwater boxes an unlocked skill? I found some on Zeffo that I can't access.

You’ll get a skill later on, yes.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Just Chamber posted:

Grabbed a screenshot of the art book showing some of the looks we could have got for Cal, i mean some are pretty silly looking but it shows the level of customization we could have had:

Honestly that half cape looks miles better than the poncho

Giving Saw a cape and not the player was definitely a mistake.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

FINALLY beat Ninth Sister on Jedi Knight difficulty, I'm not the worst Jedi after all :gbsmith:
Did not have a single counter, and eventually just went all dodge all the time; missing one of those and getting trapped in a triple hit that would take down most of my health was my usual downfall. I was at the point where it would've been way more doable if I'd found a third stim canister, so that's probably my next goal.

Have... you not found any of the extra stims?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think I had 6 stims when I reached the 9th sister.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The fight against the Gorgara was very confusing and I’m not even sure how it died.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Do you ever go to the arena if you manage to not ever die to bounty hunters or is it a scripted thing at some point regardless?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

I have yet to beat any of the bounty hunters, the battles are so short that I never get a feel for their moves, then I die and they don't respawn until some random later time. Rinse and repeat.

If it’s the big robots then I’ve found two things that work well. First, keep the double blade lightsaber out because if you do perfect reflects of their laser bolts with that you’ll send the entire barrage back at them instead of just a single laser. Second, keep close because if you back off they’ll do their charge attack and that is nigh undodgeable without perfect timing.

If you combine those two things they’ll get semi-stuck in a pattern where they’ll do their regular 3 hit combo or their 2 hit unblockable combo and immediately follow it up with a laser barrage. You can get in 2 hits after either combo (doing 3 hits will probably mean you won’t have enough time to perfect reflect the lasers) before they start with the lasers so even if you only block the lasers you’ll still eventually whittle them down.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Thanks, I do need to keep closer I guess, and I just realized I haven't faced them since getting the double blade saber. That should help a lot whenever I get to them again.

There are three types of bounty hunters if you haven’t encountered all of them yet: Big robot; guy with laser gun, stun grenades, and close range repulsor beam; and guy with jet pack, laser rifle, rocket launcher, and flamethrower. You can get into a fight with up to a combination of two.

The guy with the laser rifle and grenades is the easiest one. The only tricky things they can do is shoot an unblockable laser blast and drop a grenade at their feet when you hit them with your sword, the grenade will stun you for a few seconds. Just got to keep charging them, dodging back when they drop the grenade, and dodge the laser blasts.

The loving jet pack motherfuckers are the worst though, and there’s at least one random fight when you fight two of the fuckers. I didn’t really encounter them enough times to get a feel for how to counter them though. They’ll shoot you with their rifle so you can reflect that back but beyond that I suppose you’re probably supposed to use force push/pull to knock them to the ground? Because most of the fights I did have with them was just dodging their rockets and flamethrower.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Is it impossible to return to the second tomb? I can't get past the forcefield where I fought Second Sister.

You have to do the wall runs on the upper level of the imperial HQ back to the elevator you exited with. Going through the dig site is blocked off forever I think.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There is a weirdly huge amount of dialogue between the characters that most people probably won’t ever hear. A lot of it seems to be random (getting dialogue about if I know how good a cook Greez is despite knowing that for the entire game) so you won’t hear the same stuff in the same order if you replayed and they’ve got enough for people who will be moving around post-plot but still, it’s a lot. I finished Dathomir and considering what the end of that planet gets you there’s even a lot of dialogue specifically for that. I’m hopping between planets before heading back to Bogano for what I assume is the end game and I haven’t run out yet.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You get a stim at the end.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Beat the game. I understand what they were going for in the ending but destroying the holocron still felt a little abrupt. Everyone silently agreed that this is what needed to be done but aside from Cal’s visions there wasn’t really much to suggest the other characters would agree. So I guess the problem is less for the player and more for the in-universe explanation.

I also think that the latest Star Wars stuff turning Vader into some unstoppable dervish of destruction that can tear anything in his way literally apart continues to feel off but you do need that wall running in the final section I suppose. Nothing will ever be as bad as pulling a star destroyer out of the sky.

Also I ended the game with basically no health (would have been very funny if that final regular stormtrooper before the lift managed to hit me) and the low health heartbeat effect/sound persisted throughout the credits.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I had 10 stims and used them all +95% of my final health bar.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It also tells you if that specific area of the map holds a secret (which is a force/life essence or another stim). Lower left of the map screen.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Quick, everyone quote the post with the spoiler in it so they know to edit it after you quote it!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Pops Mgee posted:

BD-1 is sooo much better than that shitheap droid D-O that they’re pushing for Rise of Skywalker. He is my new best friend and I would die for him. Merrin seems super cool too but there’s not nearly enough of her. Really hope this gets a sequel or at least dlc. Respawn has yet to make a bad game.

I feel it’s possible that Merrin may suffer from Mass Effect 2 syndrome where in some earlier version of the game she was going to join much earlier but various circumstances meant she was shifted until very near the end. There’s so much dialogue for her you’ll never hear unless you travel back and forth between planets a lot.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

Just reached Kashyyyk. I really liked the opening sequence.
The stormtroopers melted to their seats in the AT-AT was absolutely brutal looking.

Also hopped back to Bogano to see if I can access new areas with Force Push and I got a double bladed saber upgrade. That was cool as gently caress.

Congrats on being like only the 10th person to get it when the game wanted you to.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Soonmot posted:

gently caress ZEFFO SO HARD!!

Beat the game, going back to pick up chests and data logs, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to the Tomb of Eilram, It's totally cut off from the rest of the map, I keep looping around this giant rear end map trying to figure it out and it's really hammering home how a save point fast travel system would be really great.

Also, having beaten the game and maxed my skills, I just don't meditate and suicide myself back to the ship when I'm done clearing an area.

If you actually mean the Tomb of Miktrull or whatever (because I also couldn’t remember how to get back in there) you have to head up to the landing pad of the Imperial HQ and run back along the wall running platforms you used to get out of the tomb.

I don’t remember having trouble getting back into the first tomb.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Zeffo are a not very subtle but not well explored parallel to the Jedi.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The slides are how you get back to a few areas.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Farm Frenzy posted:

I didn't want to go back

Then you barely need the map in the first place!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

I reloaded my post-game save to poke around a bit and it looks like Merrin has a bunch of transition and planet dialogue that you probably miss because of how late in the game she joins the crew.

Yeah there’s a lot. Especially between her and Greez.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There are some enemies that deliberately have combos which attack too fast to parry if you are already past the first attack but they also almost always end the combo with a bigger, slower attack which you can parry. It’s a perfectly fine way of doing combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

The origin tree and big birb was absolutely loving sick. Not even to mention the boss fight, which I did much better at than I thought i would. I’m now on Dathomir per Eno’s instructions, trying to find some tool to climb yellow walls. How much farther do I have to go to the end of the game?

Like I said in a previous post, I definitely nearly burned out and bounced from this game when returning to old planets to backtrack became a thing. But I’m glad I’ve stuck with it. I have so many drat force powers now. I have to be the worst Jedi in history though. Like Obi Wan rolling over in his grave worst, because it doesn’t seem very Jedi of me to be force pulling enemies into my grasp and instantly executing them through the chest with a lightsaber. Boy it’s rad as hell to do to ranged soldiers but lol loving no way it’s Jedi-kosher.

Finishing Dathomir gets you the final plot device so after that you’re pretty close. It’s not a point of no return though, the game lets you do everything you want to do before going to the final mission.