Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Fighting beasts is worse than fighting imperials both on a mechanic and thematic level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Based off literally everything we see in the game the guns are almost certainly going to be less effective than a laser sword.

Cere gets good mileage out of using both, as do the Jedi in Rebels.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Lego BD-1 coming soon.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Fallen Order has a legit really solid story about coping with survivor's guilt/embracing found family/letting go of the past. It's nothing ground breaking but it's well executed and believable.

Cal is a good character and made the right choice at the end to move on.

Yeah. A lot of the basic elements are borrowed from ANH (the protagonist meets a former Jedi who mentors them, the Jedi's apprentice fell to the dark side and is pursuing them, the captain of the ship is a rogue with a heart of gold) but they are used in different ways and the execution is great.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Remind me, what's the new power move you get there?
There are moves that switch saber style and do a special attack, with the double-->single move being the strongest attack in the game.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Are there really no other outfits for Cal than various ugly ponchos?

Only in a second playthrough I believe.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

At the start of S2 of the Clone Wars there's an arc where Palpatine hires Cad Bane to steal a list of force sensitive children from the Jedi (who are storing it in a holocron in the main archives). We end up seeing some of the kids and they are basically toddlers.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

The problem with the backtracking is that the levels are a mix of dense, interconnected sections and long, linear paths (some of which are only navigable in one direction). The former is more interesting to explore and it's fun to see things from a new angle or work out a new route.

In conclusion Kashyyyk is a land of contrasts.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

ninjahedgehog posted:

Instead of a second lightsaber give Cal a gun imo. No need to turn it into a shooter or anything, just have it as an extra tool in his arsenal so he can pop stormtrooper grunts from a distance, or fold it into Force combos, or use it to keep Force-wielding enemies distracted while he closes in with his saber.

Sick gunslinger spins while holstering mandatory, of course.
Yeah there were a bunch of points in the game where I felt it was silly Cal didn't have a blaster, just for things like attracting attention or shooting large, stationary targets.

Especially given we see Cere with one later.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's also Ezra Bridger's lightsaber in Rebels. It had some kind of gun built into it, but I think it was only some kind of stun shot, not the full power of a blaster. There might've been some kind of directive that Ezra couldn't have a "real" gun so long as he was a kid.
I'm pretty certain it's that, for the same reason that Omega in Bad Batch has a bow and not a blaster.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I kinda hope they ditch the soulsborn level design and make it a little more linear or at the very least redo the enemy spawns so its not just the same loving wamp rats eating the same corpses over and over. other then that looks great,

I just want them to commit to a consistent level design. Sections like the back half of Kashyyyk shouldn't be in a game with optional backtracking.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

kneelbeforezog posted:

Whats the gooncensus on the first fallen order?

Not perfect but I really like the story and characters. Mechanics are fun but the level design is hit-and-miss.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Just looks like an asteroid to me. They do not need another planet -destroying superweapon in Star Trek.

The cartoons have a couple of planets (Anaxes, Concord Dawn) that got severely damaged to the point of breaking apart. Could easily be that kind of thing.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

It's strange, this is the only game where I have been able to parry with any degree of reliability.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

The narrow gaps at least felt vaguely plausible in a way that the game-y and artificial slides didn't.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Survivor is roughly contemporaneous with Solo and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Cyborg Maul's around at this point, right? He'd be pretty cool to fight.

Yeah he's the boss of the Crimson Dawn organisation at this point.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

PC hooked up to a TV, probably on close to minimum specs/settings.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

explosivo posted:

I started this game more than a few times but kept falling off of it, I picked it back up with the hubbub about the new one and have been enjoying it a lot now that I pushed through the early game. Zeffo is loving huge, isn't it? I doubled back after I got push to break the walls I passed earlier and found the security upgrade for BD1 which led me down a whole other path. It's seriously impressive but it kind of sucks getting around when I'm trying to obsessively collect everything.

Zeffo is huge and you aren't meant to do everything the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

It doesn't help that the landing sites are generally on the edge of the levels.