Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Respawn is the studio that had a separate install UI for their games audio after all, Titanfall 1 I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I’m almost certain it was there on release but yeah point being that studios got at least a little lazy when everyone ended up with 4TB HDDs and just never stopped.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I assume it was talked about initially but I'm getting around to this fashionably late and what is up with Kid Cal's face oh my god

Orv
May 4, 2011
I imagine it's as bad as hair used to be (and kinda still is) but it was super funny getting into the wall run tutorial and turning the camera around and that. He looks older as a kid which is an accomplishment.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

the adult faces in fallen order weren’t much better. something was hinky with the motion capture

Much as I am really enjoying it, everything about the game from animations to mocap both facial and movement, VFX, SFX all screams "This was made in half the time it needed."

Still fun though.

Orv
May 4, 2011
What a weird non-character from a side movie to pull in, of all things. (Saw.)

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

When you can get Forest Whitaker you get Forest Whitaker.

No argument there but that character was just such nothing. Ten, fifteen lines? Mostly useless background info and knowing nerds the weird alien monster he had ended up with a bigger Wookipedia entry.

More on the game front I actually really like how this game is laid out, though I think I'm probably considerably kinder on it in that regard because I'm doing exactly zero extraneous exploration. Doing it that way means that each level so far has a very Dark Souls 2 feel of just out and back, clear up the problems, come back into the hub, here The Mantis and off to the next spoke. It's neat but I would probably lose my goddamn mind if I wasn't just critical pathing it.

E: Though I guess if I'm going to hold Star Wars to account for useless throwaway characters I'm way, way too late.

Orv fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 8, 2023

Orv
May 4, 2011
Your wookie look like a dish rag.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Woops there goes the fun with the mass creature fight.

E: I have a lot of gripes with how this game handles knockdowns, animations and the general input feedback of parrying but it is extremely cool that when you actually do one of the saber boss fights you can exploit every little bit of that to just chew through the bosses healthbar in seconds, instead of the long knock down drag out of a standard Souls battle, or even some of the longer Sekrio bosses. Feels just shy of choreographed when you get a fight just right.

E2: Greez shaking salt into the middle distance is great.

Orv fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 11, 2023

Orv
May 4, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

Don't listen to this clown, there's a pink poncho somewhere in there

I was going to check where you get the pink poncho because it is very good and then instead I found the most wookiepedia article of all time.

Wookiepedia posted:

Sumi was a pink poncho with a white panel on the front and a ribbed white section around the neck. The fugitive Jedi Padawan Cal Kestis found the material to create the Sumi poncho in a chest inside the cave of a Oggdo Bogdo in the Bogdo Sinkholes on the planet Zeffo in 14 BBY. Kestis then wore the pink poncho for a period of time, but would later look back on his use of it as a poor fashion choice when judging the armor of the Imperial Inquisitor known as the Fifth Brothe at some point between 12 and 10 BBY.

loving shameful.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Woof.

I thought UE4 was decent engine? What happened?

There was an interview a few weeks ago with one of the higher ups on Survivor where they were openly saying that they’re astonished they got such a huge game together so quickly. It’s probably not the engine so much as just not having the time to fix it.

UE 3/4 have long had some issues with LoD but this just sounds like this game should’ve come out in the holidays not now.

Orv fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 27, 2023

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

is that the dude with the lightsaber kneepads?

No no you’re thinking of Randy Mic’rotranzact, that Yuuzhan Vong guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Not for long the way Disney is digging! :unsmigghh: