Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Why is no one talking about this game? The new gameplay looks really good. Learning that’s it’s nonlinear and has more in depth combat made me really interested in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Chomp8645 posted:

Looks kinda boring tbh.

Was really hoping for some RPG style experience, or something different. This seems more like the conventional Action Game Structure off just "play some linear missions, watch cut scenes". That can be ok I guess and I might play it eventually, but honestly it doesn't get me very excited and there is probably zero chance I get this anywhere near release.

Maybe I missed some new info or something cause people calling it nonlinear now? Idk, if it's just "you can go back and move a boulder now" I don't really consider that a meaningful upgrade. Strictly speaking, the linearity isn't really the key issue, it just seems like the kind of the game that is "go stab some people, then sit back and be presented with story" which I'm not really about.

Have you watched anyone talking about the gameplay because some of the videos I watched talked about a pretty big spiderweb like skill tree and it being a much bigger world with lots of collectibles and secrets. Everyone who I have watched who got to play it recently talked about how it’s a much different and more in depth game then was initially shown.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I think the gameplay looks far more interesting then just another hack and slash action game. I mean I wasnt listening to hype men I was listening to people talk about actual gameplay elements they got to see. It's not like they were giving their opinions on the game. I guess saying there is a skill tree and the world is much more open then what was shown initially is hype now because it wasn't shown in 10 minutes of a gameplay video.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Thom12255 posted:

You can pre-order the game from the Target circle APP (don't think it works online) for 40% off. Last few hours to do it.

In the app it’s says the preorder is not available for me.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Review Embargo isn’t up until Thursday night.

Also I just went to preorder this on Amazon and it was down to $50 for me.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
There is no correlation being a review embargo not ending until a game releases and it being a bad game. It's been the industry standard for awhile now but it still gets said in every game thread on this dead forum.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

precision posted:

I think it's probably a very safe bet that this game will be easy even on hard because it's Star Wars and literal 5 year olds will want to play it all the way through

I saw a video about difficulty and apparently in the harder modes you have less reaction time window, the enemies are more aggressive and there may be more enemies in areas.

Another thing they talked about was when you rest everything respawns and when you die the guy does steal all your XP much like a souls game.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Actual serious question. But how do you sign up for EA premium to get this for $15? I poked around all over the EA access hub and store on the xbone and couldn’t find an option for ea premium or anything.

It’s only for PC.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

I said come in! posted:

The lack of reviews for this yet is not a good sign.

How many times do we have to go over this before idiots stop posting stuff about review embargo’s having anything to do with the quality of a game? It’s Disney and EA they are not releasing poo poo about anything before it’s released. Also it was posted days ago that the embargo is up tonight.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah and their games typically suck, so not really sure why you're defending this?

Respawn games typically suck? I’m not defending anything it’s just stupid to see misinformation about review embargo’s thrown around everywhere you go.

Also it’s loving hilarious for goons to constantly complain and worry about review embargo’s and then in the next sentence talk about how reviewers suck and shouldn’t be listened to.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Chomp8645 posted:

Calm down you maclunky.

I will shoot first you rear end in a top hat.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I wish I had a PC good enough to play this on because it looks so good on the streams.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Popete posted:

I bought a 500 GB SSD drive for my PS4 years ago and it makes a huge difference. When I play games online with my friends I load into matches in half the time or better than them which for some games Battlefield/Battlefront it makes a difference.

I expect it'll help with load times for Fallen Order too.

I will second this. Loading off my external SSD has helped a lot.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Popete posted:

I can't wait to get home and watch Mandalorian and then play this game. Hurry up stupid clock.

I’m still waiting for my game to be delivered because Amazon release day delivery loving sucks for me. The last 3 games I got delivered on release day came a day late.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Popete posted:

I cancelled my Steam pre-order and ended up getting it thru Amazon for the $10 off. But I did it on Wednesday which was a bit of a gamble and I was afraid they might not deliver it today but I have it sitting at my desk at work staring at me and making this day drag on forever.

Mine says that it got to the post office at 1 pm today and they have it scheduled for tomorrow so I might walk down there and get it. Usually I don’t bother hassling customer service but this is the third time in a row it won’t be delivered on release day and since I pay for Prime I’m going to let them know that their service hasn’t been adequate for me.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm surprised this many people are still getting physical copies tbh.

You can just download it, guys!

I buy physical for single player games because I usually resell them to buy more games. It’s one of the ways I convince my wife to let me buy a lot :)

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Do not buy this game. Youre giving EA money. Do not violate yourselves by giving EA money. EA is the devil. Do not purchase.

Plz make that^ thread name OP.

Please list all the games you bought this year so we can laugh at all the greed you helped support too.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I’m really enjoying taking my time in this game. There is definitely some jank but it hasn’t hindered my enjoyment much. I think f9r their first 3rd person action game this is solid and I have confidence that Respawn will only improve on it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

precision posted:

The funny thing is that the bosses, aside from the optional ones, were by far the easiest fights in the game for me. I literally didn't die once during a boss fight but I died to crowds of regular enemies several times

I’m having an easy time with the bosses too but bounty hunters keep loving me up, maybe because they like to ambush and it throws me off?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Who cares because as a Star Wars fan I can tell you that Star Wars fans are awful. I'm going to the movie tomorrow, I'm going to sit down, eat my popcorn and enjoy watching lightsabers and huge space ships fight and maybe Kylo and Rey make out and then I'm going to go home.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

FrostyPox posted:

Seconding "Star Wars fans are terrible", as a Star Wars fan. I like the new movies, and I like the Mandalorian. :colbert:

My main concern for the new movie is that I had originally read that the "Rise of Skywalker" was supposed to refer to Leia, but then they had to do a whole bunch of rewriting when Carrie Fischer died. I'll still probably enjoy it a lot

Also I actually was underwhelmed by Fallen Order, but it's certainly not a bad game.

It’s a huge bummer about Fisher because I was excited for this to be her movie.

I’m actually enjoying taking it slow in Fallen Order, I just 100% my second planet and plan on finishing all 4.

Last the EU was 99% garbage and anyone who complains about it I can’t take their complaints about the movies seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

FrostyPox posted:

I'm something of a trash connoisseur so I enjoyed a lot of the terrible EU stuff, but rebooting the whole thing is both understandable and a good idea, so I don't have any complaints. Especially since the new stuff, so far, seems to be at the very least not completely terrible!

Sorry wasn’t calling you out specifically I just meant the people who want to yell about the EU being thrown out and then want to sit and bitch about the movies. Like whatever you like my man.