Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Flannelette posted:

make a game that plays like Uncharted with wiffle bat light sabres.

That sounds great, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Someone tell me about the customization in the game.
I saw a dual saber, too.. can you go dual wield? Change outfits? What color sabers are available? Any other weapons? Do you unlock more Force powers? Any cool poo poo there...? Any dark side powers?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

10 Beers posted:

Am I the only one that thinks the Inquisitor lightsabers look extremely uncomfortable to use?

Beat this the other day. Had a blast, really glad I got the game. I don't think there's plans for DLC which is a bummer, but hopefully there will be a sequel!

Hot take: I'm glad there's no DLC coming. It's almost assured there will be a sequel, I think. I like that the gimmick of this game is "it's a game". No microtransactions, or DLC, or anything like that.

There might be DLC

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Finished it today. I really enjoyed it.
Couple of thoughts:
* It made me want to replay the KOTOR series.
*Kind of wish you could stay with a single saber design.
*[spoiler]The giant bat fight reminded me of the cool parts of Dad of War. Nearly as good as fighting the dragon there.
* The last stage in the Empire place, the boss fights, and the Vader cameo were all excellent.
* Missed opportunity for a "Jedi Robe" poncho on Ilum, even if it was the same shape but had a robe texture.
* Pretty much all of the vision on Bogano was excellent. Illuminating a red saber, the climbing/crawling part, everything.

* Should've taken more after Devil May Cry than Dark Souls.
* Can't wait for a sequel.
* Honestly done with Cal, though. I hope they do get another actor to portray the main character in the next game. It adds a cool cinematic quality to it.
* Me: "there needs to be more saber fights", Also Me: *pushes Inquisitors off ledges every chance I get*
* Puzzles were actually really good.
* The best map in recent memory. Learn to read it. It's really amazing.
* Music was great. The cues form the OT soundtrack hit at the perfect moment.
* The force powers in this game compared to say... Force Unleashed were super underwhelming. Push felt good. The others I hardly used.
* The droid in this game is almost as adorable as Baby Yoda.
* Considering how intricate and long the secret paths are that lead to strictly cosmetics is honestly silly sometimes. There were jumping puzzles, optional bosses, etc. in places where you go WAY OFF the path and it leads to a skin for the ship. :shrug: I don't agree that they should have had stats, but I don't know, maybe more cosmetics? Different outfits? Hairstyles? I don't know.
* Cere's Lightsaber + Blaster style she used briefly was so drat cool.
* The parry timing is so loving off. I just resorted to blocking in the last quarter of the game. Honestly almost as good.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 30, 2019

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Maybe less the parry timing and more the delay that every melee attack seems to take. Coming from Souls games there seems to be less "wind-up" telegraphing the attacks. Here I tended to parry early because almost every attack had a huuuuuge wind-up delay. I beat it on the 3rd difficulty with all the parry timing/damage/whatever else bars even. Finished with 5 stims.

I had to do two of the saber fights more than twice. Everything else I one-shot.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Captain Hygiene posted:

LOL drat it must be cool to be good at games

The game is easy, is what I'm trying to say. If you play other action games. It wasn't trying to sound arrogant, or whatever? Sorry.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh it wasn't a slam on you, sorry. There's just a basic level of competence I'm lacking in games like this, where I'm constantly dying and even the basic bosses take a dozen tries at the lowest non-story difficulty, so I'm always wistfully imagining what it must be like to just waltz through an even harder version.

Also I meant the finished the game with a maximum of 5 stims, not like "the last boss i had 5 stims left :smuggo:"

I think being able to block from any direction also helps a whole lot and looks cool. Basically every boss can be killed by roll -> get a hit or two. Roll -> get a hit or two. Hold block for the duration of it's obligatory 4-5 hit combo. Roll for the follow-up unblockable, get one hit or two. The thing that the Souls games taught me is to not get greedy about it. Try just going for one or two hits, and backing off.
The push ability wrecks opponent's stamina meter, too, if they are vulnerable at all to it.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
They made the MMO able to be played solo, and it had a decent story, from what I remember. It was nice being able to tailor that story somewhat based on class, so you could have a full Han Solo-esque adventure or a more typical Jedi one, etc. I remember the best one being a Thrawn-esque Space James Bond adventure with the Imperial Agent class. Might be worth looking into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Kin posted:

Welp, just finished it.

That last section was pretty much the highlight of the whole game.

There needs to be more stuff establishing that Darth Vader really is an unstoppable monster who hung around with Jedi who were Legends in of themselves amongst those who can use the Force. It would put into context why, when watching them in the movies, they seem all just as competent, yet everyone just absolutely runs from him when he's Vader.

I think some of the animated shows treated him like this too and it was pretty great. It really helps reinforce how the Empire was able to just dominate everybody.

Rogue One has a scene where he is basically Jason Vorhees and the pencil & paper game has stated if Vader is currently on the same planet as you, you die. They did eventually release full stats for him.