Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This game looks.... Good? I'm going to buy it. I can't believe I'm going to buy a star wars game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Do the Origin Access Premier 1 month on PC, so you only have to pay $15 to play it.

I'll probably just buy it on PS4 and play it on my tv. I'll be playing death stranding so there will at least be a couple of weeks worth of impressions before I buy star war. It seems good at this point though and I'm happy to pay $60 for it or wait for a sale if there are problems.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah people have sparks fly off them, crumple and get knocked over, it's only when it's a special moment that they lose an arm or whatever which seems the same in the game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Everything I've seen of the combat/exploration gameplay (I can take or leave the wall running stuff) and all the feedback from people that have had a go at the game makes me confident that I'll buy this and enjoy it since I can't resist an above average AAA single player game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

McCloud posted:

My biggest question:
Will there be alternate outfits and skins a la Arkham Knight? I wanna be decked out in Jedi Robes or look like a Sith or give it a go as Obi-Wan and poo poo. That was one of the fun parts of Jedi Outcast, the modding community really went ham on that one.

You can collect outfits and lightsaber bits in the game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

haldolium posted:

Disguised with cuts quite a lot. Also I think someone lost a hand once.

When you finish off bosses cinematically they get sliced up like in the movies (like the classic take off their hand and impale them or whatever). It's just not going to let you dismember the mooks for twenty hours.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

haldolium posted:

I hope it will still be enjoyable but I found early videos lacking impact on the fighting sequences.

I thought the more recent videos were pretty heartening on that front, but they've got a bad gamer at the wheel for some reason. It detracts from what I imagine will be graceful duelling since I am a video game expert.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yoni Fallen Order

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

PunkBoy posted:

Who the gently caress doesn't remember Jedi Knight?

ok boomer

:negative:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Jedi Academy owned because you could just gently caress around lightsaber fighting. The multiplayer was super fun.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

JK2 with the dismemberment cheat and maxed force powers on was really fuckin fun, I spent hours chopping up stormtroopers in bullet-time and running on walls and stuff.

Also wtf didn't lightsabers in the movies always cut through stuff? like, droids, Sith, giant steel doors, they cut fuckin everything :shrug:

There are things that resist the blade and it seems to shorten in length or some poo poo. It's not an all penetrator... And I know a thing or two about all penetrators.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Rad Russian posted:

Gameplay trailer looked really bad. It's a PG rated light-saber game. Ok. So if they knew they couldn't portray the lightsabers correctly, they should have went all in on force powers and made them really devastating and central to the gameplay . This is 2019, modern hardware can do really cool effects and physical simulations in the game world. All the force stuff so far looked like pretty boring rehashed stuff from previous games. Doing some physical puzzles once in a while is not enough. Hopefully things not shown are a lot better and they have some larger battles in the game too, although the last gen console limitation might mean it's always waves of 3-4 opponents vs you and that's it. Would have been cool to see some larger engagements with lots of NPCs on your side as well.

Source your quotes please.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

ninjahedgehog posted:

This looks cool as poo poo but yeah, I bet this is a spoiler for a moment that would be a lot cooler if you weren't expecting it.

I'm not gonna read it then :)

Nice to know there's going to be cool powers or weapons in the game

JBP fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 12, 2019

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I haven't bought any of EAs games for a very long time and this is a Respawn game so I'm getting it.

E: checked it out, last EA I bought was TF2.

JBP fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 12, 2019

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Glenn Quebec posted:

I won't belabor it but I still feel like not buying an EA game. Hope it's fun for you guys.

You shouldn't buy it if you hate ea that's fair enough.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I dont get the point of running into a thread to say "I'm not buying this game, bye!"

Ha ha I bet this game's pitiful American Hollywood story won't deliver anything nearly as life changing as the incredible writing experience of Disco Elysium.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Never give up, Glenn.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I don't worry about embargo or not. I'm sure they were well aware that Death Stranding would be polarising and released them early.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Oriental Hugs posted:

If I vpn this game can I play it tomorrow if I vpn to Australia?

Tomorrow is the 14th we don't live in the actual future.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm actually pumped for this. I trust this developer a lot and I think they'll deliver on a fun game. I'll probably finish Death Stranding some time next week and pick this up then. I'm keen to see some reviews on the combat. I can safely bet it'll look great and the level design will be top notch but I really want the combat flow with parrying to be spot on. I hope they learned a bit from Sekiro's combat and it handles similarly since Sekiro is maybe my favourite game this year. Don't need it to be so difficult, just have a similar level of smooth gamefeel.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Wheeee posted:

It's a Respawn game, there's no bullshit games as service going on, and the pre-release buzz is positive.

It'll be surprising if it's bad.

It's definitely going to be a good game that's fun to play and expertly wrought, but not groundbreaking or anything.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Shouldn't the reviews be up for this now? It's the 14th US time.

Ah it's 9pm US time

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

black.lion posted:

So im bad with timezones, if i am "in new zealand" when does this game unlock EST?

Whatever 2hrs from now is

Maybe 1 idk

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

EA access on PS4 seems to be a very small discount

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

drat this is janky lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Wow this is not very good...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This game needs to be out back in the oven, it's not done. I'm clipping through poo poo all the time, it's not pretty to look at and the animations are way below what I expected. It doesn't seem very good! Feels like I'm playing an old game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Like idk if this is a "style" they're going for but this game looks like rear end and the pop in is terrible on pro so far. Grim gaming so far.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If you move side to side on the ship you do the thriller dances because the animations are bad so that's a plus I guess. What's wrong with this guy's neck?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Wow this is a difficult experience so far!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I've never seen an initial install be anything but the first portion or intro section of the game

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The graphics are the same and it still controls really badly with clipping on PS4 full install. Load times are hell.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lol the pop in during every Cutscene is just disgusting

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

jivjov posted:

You may wanna investigate getting your console serviced, since you seem to be the only one having this degree of trouble

It's the way it renders the cutscenes, my system is clean and has no issues with other games. I'm doing the first side boss and the load times are excruciating for this kind of game haha

Aha when they have your "souls" you can't see them glow red for an unblockable

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I beat the side boss. That was fine I suppose but not really a strong start to the combat. Side to side thriller walk on the ship is still the best gameplay so far.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Wheeee posted:

Game is gorgeous on max settings PC at least!

It plays well, and I personally enjoy the faster combat to Dark Souls, but it's also giving me a hankerin' to try Sekiro now since the enemies aren't quite as diverse or interesting as in Dark Souls.

Sekiro's combat is wonderful.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The first ram beast enemy I fought fell through the the floor before it got close to me LOL

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Phoix posted:

I parried one of the big frogs that had killed me and the recovery hit sent it flying into the skybox.

Oh no maybe you have dust in your PlayStation.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The second map looks much better but these fog/snow effects are some N64 poo poo.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Why does the main character move and animate so weirdly.

Dust in ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This is nothing like sekiro the combat is floaty as hell. It's like cheap gow.