Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Alchenar posted:

Seriously, did nobody here watch Gotham?

I think of him as Ian from Shameless so I’m Gay Space Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I wish that the dang combat was a little tighter. For the core of the game it just doesn’t quite feel snappy and also I agree the party window just isn’t quite right. It’s easy enough to power through on Jedi master though.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

gently caress that electrified water puzzle and its loving red herring.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I have all the chests and secrets on Bogano and I’m still at 98% complete. Missing an echo maybe?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

Turns out there's an achievement for killing someone with another someone.

I shoved a firebug into a slug, which hurt the slug and killed the bug and got this achievement.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I guess the health, force and droid upgrades are supposed to be enough. When you only have a lightsaber it’s tough to throw more stuff out there. I just got what I imagine is the last upgrade on Kashyyk (security droid hacking). It’s nice to have extra tanks but yeah the variety is definitely lacking. Also once you have the free kashyyk poncho other clothes are meaningless.

I feel like I’ve finally completely internalized the combat. Whenever a bounty hunter spawn drops instead of being like “ah gently caress I’ll probably die” it’s more of a “ooh extra skill point xp” situation.

To whoever was asking about boss fights earlier, one thing that helps in any fight with a tougher enemy, but especially bosses is a single tap evade out of an attack and then attack while the enemy is still attacking, it just straight up damages them. It’s the only reasonable way to kill those loving annoying duel wielding purge troopers.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Not really you’ll see when you get back.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah I was shook for a minute when I lost there but it turns out to be plot related. The next one that shows up, though, caught me at a low point and disappeared after I died and reloaded, so I guess those are just temporary challenges :arghfist::confused:

There’s some chance they show up whenever you go through particular rooms. If you do some backtracking to collect crap you’ll fight a fair few.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Owlbear Camus posted:

It's funny how there's a million ponchos and they all look like dogshit compared to the default jacket.

Say that to my free kashyyk poncho’s face!

Also my favorite environmental kill was pushing the brick in the chandelier room into a bounty hunter.

Dogen fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 18, 2019

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It looks kind of the same as that but it has more detail around the shoulders, a hood, and a red symbol on the back.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

black.lion posted:

Whoa what, where did you get this? Can you put the hood up?? I currently just have arrived near the top of the magic tree via a rare bird flight where do I go to get new poncho.

It's me I'm the guy that really likes cosmetics in games even if there're no stat changes

e: Actually given where I am in the Kashyyk story line I'm guessing it may be in the future somewhere?

e2: Also, 16 hours deep and I only have two outfit colors - the gray/blue we start with, and a like beige/dirty white - what are the other outfit colors and where are they?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5U87V_TG_8A

I have a green outfit color as well, I think there are only like 5 total.

You can’t put the hood up.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah whenever I force pull a stormtrooper and impale him through the stomach I feel a little dark sidey about it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

They never give you a reason why everything respawns, do they? (asking seriously as I haven't beaten the game) Even Demons/Dark Souls/Bloodbourne at least gave you a flimsy-rear end reason involving multiple dimensions and rekindled flames and dreams and stuff.

Infinite stormtroopers

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Huh there was a patch on PC just now, wonder what it did

e:

Fixed a texture flickering issue that would display on the screen while driving the AT-AT on Kashyyyk
Fixed an issue where the input from the arrow keys would sometimes fail to respond within menus.
Fixed an issue where Dynamic resolution settings would not save properly.
Fixed an issue where the game could become slow and loading times longer than expected.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

After the second trip to Wookiee planet I have to wonder, why don’t games just make the “sprint” swim speed the default or at least make the regular speed not so loving slow. They have to know people are always going to be boosting right?

Maybe so you don’t boost past the underwater crates? Other than that, bad design.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I stood in the open upper door and grabbed a lantern. There are some janky throw ones, though. That one you have to make long distance from the bridge probably took me 10 drat tries and I swear I probably hit it like half those times and the fire just wouldn’t start.

The double bladed saber has some incidental uses (repeating blaster trooper, critter mobs) before Dathomir, but man basically every enemy on Dathomir is better killed with the double blade. Nightbrothers can be interrupted with a quick jab, mobs are very vulnerable to the spin attack, I even found the miniboss somewhat easier with it. Probably because the heavy attack seems to do more damage.

NG+ chat: I don’t think I’ll be able to replay the game until I lose my skill memory of it because I would be pissed as hell to lose all my combat moves. Also the lightsaber damage enhancement makes the scrub enemies less time-consuming.

Dogen fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 19, 2019

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Man they really cram a lot into the ending of the game. The pace goes way up and then BAM the game is over. Kinda sucks to end as it was picking up.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

blue squares posted:

Am I just supposed to guess where they are? Everything looks the same to me. I am paranoid about maybe I am experiencing a bug. I have seen on reddit people not having certain things load, preventing them from progressing until they reset their PS4. I had the same thing yesterday

There are panels pushing out of the wall you can grab onto. They’re between the darker areas the panels moved away from. I missed them on my first jump because I thought the ledge would be in the grey area

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Also you can change it so

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah but like, barely. For one attack.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I think after the slow pace of the rest of the game it was kind of a fast ride through the end and it feels like the game kinda ended when it was getting good.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

precision posted:

It's doing my head in to see how many chests I'm missing. There are rooms with like 4 chests and I have no idea where they even could be

The map tells you what’s in what room if you scroll around. It’s be impossible otherwise. Also you can’t get everything on the first go on most planets.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah there's a lot of really strong art design in this, even if it didn't reach full potential. The scrapper planet did a very good job of integrating the prequel aesthetic into the mix. I was legit impressed by some of those vistas of yards full of clone trooper transports, piles of dead droids, etc.

Yeah the crashed Republic poo poo on Zeffo was cool too, although less impressive.

One thing I feel like they nailed is the door open/close in the imperial built areas.

Madurai posted:

I experienced the game as mostly an atmosphere renderer. I enjoyed being in the world even if I didn't care for much of the actual playing of the game (save for the killing poo poo while driving the AT-AT part, which I could have happily done for about three hours)

That should be its own game, honestly. Imperial War Machine.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It def feels like that one character was meant to be around longer.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Saberchat: the single does more damage and it’s easier to time out your combos, but it’s slower and mostly does damage to only one target. The double is quick and jabby but if you try to combo too long you run the risk of getting hit. It suits a defensive style better for the most part, but as mentioned it does high damage with the heavy attack.

Also some enemies I just have better luck with the single saber for some reason, like the dual wield purge trooper. Conversely double saber is key on bounty hunters because you can volley all their blaster bolts back at them, and for the annoying to catch humanoid ones it’s nice to hit them with the heavy attack when you have a chance.

Kibayasu posted:

The fight against the Gorgara was very confusing and I’m not even sure how it died.

Space heart disease

Dogen
May 5, 2002

The bounty hunter always eventually shoots an unerring unblockable taser

Ought to sell it to the empire and retire

Dogen
May 5, 2002

But are you wearing a pink poncho?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Well I beat it a second time. I have to say it felt good to run back through on Master again and just wreck everyone and blow past every trouble spot. Particularly the duels against the inquisitors were trivial.

Drakhoran posted:

Did I miss something or do we never get any info on what happened to Eno Cordova?

Nope

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I like the ship, it has a little bit more of Carl’s reflection on being a padawan and order 66

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Listen if you think they’re drow that’s propesterous, can’t you see Merrin is white??

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Who knows how much sodium laterons need

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I mean saying it’s Cordova’s is a little story, I guess?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Domnhall Gleason??

Dogen
May 5, 2002

moosecow333 posted:

I wish we got to fight more hammer purge troops. Those guys were a blast to face. Also, now that I think about it there was never a time where we had to face all of the types at the same time. That would have made for one hell of a fight.

Yeah I think at the end there were some combo packs but still never a group of all of them.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It felt like maybe that character was supposed to be around for more of the game.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Watching a video review after the fact and discover there's a bunch of bounty hunter bosses that spawn all over the place? Despite going back and getting all the secrets I never ran into any except for the one mandatory encounter.

Yeah they spawn in specific rooms as you wander back through, at seemingly random times.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I don’t think anything is stopping them if they have the manpower from doing an expansion but if they weren’t planning on it and the things a hit they’ll probably just move straight into working on a sequel

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Merrin alludes to knowing about him too. I assume it’s in reference to one of the cartoons, or maybe the comic.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It’s really meant to be played with a controller. I keep an extra ds4 on my desk for use as needed (see also sekiro, dirt rally)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Ice Fist posted:

gently caress yes. Except I just finished the game and don't have the will to go back at the moment.

That thing was really cramping my style

For real