Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

It's typical for games that are not good.

e: I didn't know it was under embargo. That's... not a definitive indictment, but not a great sign.

it's actually become the industry standard now, sadly. They're more worried about reviewers talking about whatever half-cocked monetization stream they've added in and pissing off the playerbase enough to start a boycott.

and almost every game has a half-cocked monetization scheme, although this one looks like it will be all cosmetics for jedi-dress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Thom12255 posted:

I think the embargo is more to do with Disney, they're very protective of spoilers. They did the same with Mando and everyone loves it.

That's their stated reason for not doing early release on EA Access - they don't want the game spoiled before general release. I'm not sure I buy it, but it does make sense with Disney.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

Dad Joke Vader is so bad and should've been cut out completely. Corridor Murder Vader is fanservicey as hell but cool enough that I love it anyway.

The Vader comic series has taught us that Vader is 100% about the dad jokes. Dude gives no shits - and the Vader going nuts on the force and hurling things around is also his "I'm loving tired of this nonsense" mode.

also worth noting, this would be happening around the same time as Rebels and the Aphra comic series, so his inquisitors are meant to be his way of potentially killing Palpatine and taking over the Empire as Sith apprentices are wont to do - and they just keep loving up and getting themselves murdered by these blasted escaped padawans/young jedi with minimal training and no real competence that he can detect. Think about how infuriating that must be.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

...Is Vader really trying to get an apprentice going with the Inquisition that can help him oppose Palpy?

I always assumed after Padme died he just kinda gave up his depose Palpy plan because he lost the will to live, combined with all the life threatening injuries. I always took the Inquisition to be more of a Palpy idea than anything

according to the inquisition comics, Vader has basically no understanding of how the Sith worked. Palpatine has promised to teach him, but hasn't, and instead has had Vader running all over the place killing old Jedi while Palp is sucking up Sith/Jedi artifacts like a Hoover. Vader catches on, so he builds the Inquisition out of mostly untrained force sensitives and a handful of fallen Jedi/Jedi Padawans and has them hunt down new sensitives/escaped padawas etc. while he tries to figure out this whole Sith thing.

At the same time, he's grooming those who show promise to help him take on Palp because he can feel a looming conflict - one that was going to happen, but then the events of Rebels spoils both Palps and Vaders plans, and then Vader finds Luke and realizes his kids are alive and we know the rest.

As to the other poster - teaching Sith apprentices by making them hate you, then kicking their asses in combat until they either kill you or get so strong you have to kill them to win is the Sith way. Either your apprentice has become a master, or you get stronger from that final conflict.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Now, This Isn't Podracing and thank the force for that.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

fennesz posted:

Hello beautiful goons, just started Fallen Order and had a question. I'm a sucker for customization and are there any big things I could easily miss that'd gently caress up my Space Cowboy Dressup in any major way? The reason I'm asking instead of googling is I was hoping to avoid spoilers.

:tipshat:

I'm 100% fine with location/light spoilers if it'll nab me a sweet cape or something.

lightsaber stuff are in chests all over the place, pretty much everything else is just a re-color IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

MadDogMike posted:

Everybody’s got rockets except you :D.

B1 droid as I climb up from underneath him: "Wow! What a great View! This planet is beautif-aaaaaaahhhhhhhh"
Cal: finishing his climb up the cliff and looking at where he just chucked a droid over the cliff: "he wasn't kidding. That is a great view."