Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
It’s from the Titanfall 2 guys?
That was a pretty fantastic and fast paced campaign, and I have to think more than a minute to name 5 better games of the last years with a better campaign that caught me into immersion and action and “woah that was loving awesome”-moments the way TF2 did.

I got EA Origin Premier, so that’s a no brainer library addition anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it sounds like the campaign will be pretty long. i want to guess, arkham knight length. maybe longer.

So let’s hope they got enough hooks and story features and nice action to keep us immersed .

I give Respawn some credit, one of the few dev teams that did not disappoint, it s the opposite. They set their own bars really high, in a good way.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
I am undecided....this game fells okay, but also absolutely overrated after 3 days of playing.

Pros:
- Game is hard on the highest level, so the trolls who called it too easy, were wrong, like always.
- Combat is good, love the dual wield
- big areas for Exploration
- If you did not explore everything, it definitley might have Replayability
- You can construct and mod your light sabre
- you visit iconic planets of the universe, the game fits in the Star Wars timeline

Cons:

Well, thats a strange one. The story is meh, but that's a POV thing. Next, there is no Impearial route and/or "Force Power" alternate route or story, so that's quite linear, okay, that was the story around Cal to begin with.
I also get this is not a next Jedi Academy or Dark Forces and you don't play a high end Jedi master but a Padawan.
I still hoped for some more RPG and/op SW:KOTOR options or more options to develop.

It was a slug later on for me keeping ony playing. The Parcours elements got old fast for me: Run, jump, slide, swing, climb across the same areas over and over and over and here and there reflecting blaster bolts back. Oh and there is a closed door again, so backtrack and jump and swing and wallrun and jump and platform up and down.... yawn.
There is so much repitition and boring stretched moments.

And that is it, despite many good elements, it all felt like a worse mix of a Star Wars lore game and Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia Plattform and Traveresal experience for me.
Some comment was that Jedi Fallen Order looks and plays like an exaggerated toy commercial, and I gotta agree in some way

I guess it is still a solid 7 of 10 for me, but I don't get the 9/10 and 10/10 reviews, that is deluded Star Wars fanboy/girl bullshit.
Or most reviewers maybe are spamming 10 of 10s because compared to other EA games, this is a masterpiece and pro consumer gem without mtx.
But realistically, this is just an above average game.

The way Cal and the story develop, it is obvious there will follow a Fallen Order 2

Funnily, that game made me wanna play Star Wars Battlefront 2 again, as this serves my Star Wars Battle and Infantry Combat laser gun pew pew itch.

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Nov 18, 2019