Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hmm, so it sounds like this game is.. good? I remember that E3 gameplay demo they showed of it looked pretty mediocre and did not leave me wanting more. Paying for a month of access premier seems like a good route to take with this, $15 to play the game all I want for a month and I can play that new, bad, NFS game too? :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Remember what they did to Bioware? Remember what they did to Battlefront? You deserve to play lovely $60 video games.

Andromeda...

fuckin Anthem

I am not putting the shame you feel inside of you. Youre feeling that all on your own.

Imagine caring this much about anything lol. You definitely hosed up if you paid $60 for this on PC sight unseen when origin access is a thing but this is just sad.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

You can also go right in and cancel your subscription immediately but stay subbed for the month you paid for btw, I did this so I don't forget.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Whoever said that the fun you have in this game correlates heavily with the enemies you're fighting hit the nail on the head. I just got to the second (optional?) planet and I'm already sick of fighting bugs and poo poo. The game's definitely pretty fun and the facial mocap stuff is keeping me engaged with the characters but drat just let me kill some people :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I started this game more than a few times but kept falling off of it, I picked it back up with the hubbub about the new one and have been enjoying it a lot now that I pushed through the early game. Zeffo is loving huge, isn't it? I doubled back after I got push to break the walls I passed earlier and found the security upgrade for BD1 which led me down a whole other path. It's seriously impressive but it kind of sucks getting around when I'm trying to obsessively collect everything.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Thanks, maybe I should go back and help the team with that AT-ST now :v:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TraderStav posted:

What's a decent target resolution and settings for a 3060Ti and a Ryzen 5600X? I've maxed everything and most gameplay is just fine but on map loads get a solid 2 second framerate plummet that is quite disruptive, albeit once every 10-20 minutes. All other gameplay is great except for those loads.

Need to doublecheck what resolution I'm running at, but it was the highest that my LG C1 could take, maybe 4k.

This happens to me too on a 3080ti/5800X3D, it's my understanding that the shader stuttering like that is the same thing plaguing the new one and can't really be prevented. I'm on Kashyyk now and it seems to be happening a lot. I'm also playing in 4K on a LG C1, but do sometimes play in 1440p on my monitor and still get the same thing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Am I the only one who finds the goddamn acid bugs on Dathomir the most annoying enemies to fight in this game? I went back to see if there were any new paths open now that I have push/pull and I was reminded why I initially bounced off this game and it's because I got to Dathomir and just hated fighting these loving bugs. I think the hold y to dash move is probably the most efficient way to deal with them but when you're out of force power it's just annoying fighting them, especially in groups.

If I had one major complaint about this game it's that you fight a ton of gleep glops with pretty ambiguous attack patterns so it's never super clear when to parry them and it's not nearly as satisfying fighting a big blob monster as it is one of the shock stick guys or dismantling a group of stormtroopers.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

fennesz posted:

The sprinting light attack or dash attack completely shits on the acid bugs. You'll occasionally take chip damage through your attack but it doesn't happen too frequently.

Oh thank you this is absolutely the way to do it, I was massively overthinking it. And couldn't be at a better time as they're all over the drat place in this area past the double jump wall.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Beat this tonight, overall I really liked it but around the return trip to Dathomir where you get Merin I was pretty over trying to see every nook and cranny and started rushing through the objectives. Looking forward to playing the sequel eventually whenever they sort that out.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Torrannor posted:

I mean, the sequel is out now, and it's much better about this whole issue. Firstly because there are real customization options for Cal hidden in those chests (and no, I don't know why Cal needs to loot some out of the way chest to learn how to cut his hair short or grow a mustache :shrug:), and secondly because the fast travel system means you only need to get back to the nearest meditation circle to teleport back to the main hub, or to the circle on the route to the story critical stuff.

That all sounds great but I'm on PC so I'll be waiting until they patch it a bit since it sound pretty rough still. I'm also not sure how much I'll love the expanded cosmetic stuff since I was already getting kind of sick of finding chests that unlock a BD skin I won't use or a new poncho color I won't use and it sounds like it's a whole lot more of that between the beards and the hair and the jackets and shirts and pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Epi Lepi posted:

I've been replaying Fallen Order on NG+ to give some time for patches to come out for Survivor. I'm playing on the hard difficulty, (Jedi Master?) and I just can't get the parry mechanics to click. Anyone have tips on how to get better at this? Like I get hosed up by Purge Troopers and the Scout Troopers with the stun batons constantly. I just can't figure out the timing. I'm pretty sure I have "game mode" or whatever set up on my TV already but I'm going to double check that next chance I get. I'd love to blame my TV since I am usually pretty good at timing, or at least I was in the Arkham games, Shadow of Mordor/War, and Ghost of Tsushima. I feel like block being on LB (playing on Xbox Series X) is a little more awkward than I'm used to but I'm pretty sure at least one of the games I mentioned had block on L1/LB so it shouldn't be that bad.

I played the game on this difficulty and didn't really have this problem; it's just a tighter window. The * Trooper enemies and most bugs have weird windups in a lot of cases and it took me a while to figure out when to block for those but you should always be blocking just before their attack lands. The basic nightbrothers on Dathomir have pretty big windup and attack that might be good to practice on since it's pretty obvious when the attack is coming.

Edit: not to be all "get good" or anything like that. I just meant that in my experience on that difficulty it didn't feel unfair or broken you just have to get the timing down. I honestly ended up dodging in combat a whole lot more than parrying because it felt easier to avoid taking damage this way. If I was in a one on one fight I'd focus on parrying but I did a looot of dodging/rolling.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 8, 2023