Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Flannelette posted:

Everything about the trailer except the presentation looked worse than Jedi outcast, ~20 years of progress and you make a game that plays like Uncharted with wiffle bat light sabres.

lol

Yea, you can't dismember people but any hit with the lightsaber is fatal. It's basically Sekiro but with Jedi. Duel the enemy until you work down their stamina bar or get an opening so you can hit them and kill them instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Apparently what EA Games and Respawn have failed to explain, is that Jedi Fallen Order is similar to God of War (PS4) in how it plays. If this is the case then I am way more interested in it then what was shown off at E3, which made the game look very boring. Like, I want single player story driven Star Wars games, but i'm not willing to drop what little standards I have for a boring rear end game.

Devs explaining how the combat works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITZbqgJeBhk

It's Sekiro but with a Star Wars skin. I also heard, but can't find the source anymore, that you have a ship as your hub and travel to different places. Then you can explore new areas that were previously inaccessible when you acquire new traversal abilities.

Believe me, I was like you in that I didn't care at all for what they showed at E3. But with each little detail that comes out I am becoming more interested. I am still going to wait for reviews though.

e: Found the source for the exploration stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ynCg6dOHA

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 30, 2019

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cross-Section posted:

Somebody ripped the game logos and all the ability training videos off the preload:

https://streamable.com/l2xfg

Weapon spoilers.

I hope there are more things because otherwise :geno:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

black.lion posted:

So (leaked trophy spoilers) since theres some achievement for defeating an enemy with "all lightsaber styles" and the icon is two crossed sabers, some are speculating that you'll get to dual wield sabers at some point - anyone far enough in the game to confirm/deny? That'd be neat if so

Based solely on the leaked abilities video, it's the stupid double bladed lightsaber, not dual wielding.