Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Embargo's up, been playing this all week and here's my review: https://wegotthiscovered.com/reviews/review-star-wars-jedi-survivor-is-yet-another-high-profile-release-marred-by-technical-issues/

Happy to answer any questions about the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I haven't read your review yet but do the controls on Xbox feel any more responsive compared with JFO?

Only had it on PS5 sorry, but it felt responsive enough on performance mode to reliably nail parries. I found quality mode almost unplayable though as it screwed up my timing.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Most minor thing I'm curious about : how much time we spend massacring local wildlife rather than troopers and robots.

A lot less than Fallen Order. Many more humanoid enemies.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Honestly, the biggest annoyance for me was that while you can remap the controls, there are so many buttons that pull double duty in contextual situations that I couldn't get it to have Souls-like shoulder button attacks without losing some other key functionality.

Had to give up and just use the default setup.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

Spoiler tagged of course, but you can tell us which movie/tv characters we run into?

Darth Vader and very very briefly Boba Fett.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Its news to me that Cal gets a blaster this time as a new weapon. Didn't know that was going to be a thing.

In the trailers, it looked like a few characters will join Cal this time during combat, is that the case? How often does it happen, or is it really just in cutscenes?

Yeah, you can give orders to your allies in combat though tbh they're not especially useful. Maybe they come into their own on higher difficulties.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Psycho Mantits posted:

Is it true the game has an arachnophobia mode in the accessibility settings that gets rid of the spider enemies? Read something about that earlier today.

It does.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

Does this impact the ability to get trophies/achievements? The first game had a spider boss to kill for one of them.

I put about 30 hours into the game and didn't come across anything even resembling a spider so they're not a huge part of the game arachnophobia setting or not.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Does this impact the ability to get trophies/achievements? The first game had a spider boss to kill for one of them.

Also difficulty settings don't seem to lock you out of achievements. After the credits rolled I put it on story mode to test performance and was still getting them.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 26, 2023

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Junkenstein posted:

Sounds like if I enjoyed the first one on hard, this one should be similar?

Yeah, it's very much more the same, which is good as Fallen Order was great

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Junkenstein posted:

Sorry, meant specifically the difficulty. If I found hard just right last time, might as well do the same again?

If anything it's a little easier than Fallen Order as you have more stances to play with. But by and large it's around the same difficulty.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Asteroid Alert posted:

Did you have a choice of platform to review the game on or did they push you to a specific platform?

The choice was PS5 or PC, and our outlet got both, though the guy with the PC code didn't get much of a chance to play it.

They were very cagey about Xbox codes and I'm morbidly curious about how this runs on Series S.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Did an editorial on Survivor's performance issues that I'm pretty pleased with: https://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/the-fan-backlash-towards-the-star-wars-jedi-survivor-performance-issues-is-totally-justified/

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Epi Lepi posted:

Journalism on WeGotThisCovered??

It changed owners and is really a lot better now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

FYI review copies came with a note that HDR was busted on PS5 but promised that it'd be fixed by launch:

https://twitter.com/tokyopunker/status/1651852156062818305?s=20