Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

RatHat posted:

The OP of this thread hasn't posted since October so it'd be nice if a mod could just close it. I don't think anyone is talking about Fallen order anymore and if there is they can just use the other thread

Fired this up for the first time tonight and played for about an hour. Of which, I think I controlled maybe fifteen minutes of it, with 90% of it on rails. Tell me it gets less like this. I did have some fun and was quite visually impressive on my 3060 with max settings.

Every time I parried I instinctually hit R1 for a DS riposte and started thinking this game would be great with DS controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

You're on the story heavy tutorial world, you'll be in control for much more of the game once you're off it.

Also think of the parry as more of a Sekiro deflect (building up a stagger bar on the enemy) than a Dark Souls parry.

I think the next stop was also a tutorial heavy world but am seeing more of what the game is like. I'm enjoying it, just landed in Zeffo but haven't gone further yet.

I never played Sekrio but played all the other Souls/ER games. Getting a feel for the party and such, the fighting is pretty interesting.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

What's a decent target resolution and settings for a 3060Ti and a Ryzen 5600X? I've maxed everything and most gameplay is just fine but on map loads get a solid 2 second framerate plummet that is quite disruptive, albeit once every 10-20 minutes. All other gameplay is great except for those loads.

Need to doublecheck what resolution I'm running at, but it was the highest that my LG C1 could take, maybe 4k.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

explosivo posted:

This happens to me too on a 3080ti/5800X3D, it's my understanding that the shader stuttering like that is the same thing plaguing the new one and can't really be prevented. I'm on Kashyyk now and it seems to be happening a lot. I'm also playing in 4K on a LG C1, but do sometimes play in 1440p on my monitor and still get the same thing.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Try 1440p, native 4K is a lot of pixels to push and isn't really needed when using the fancy upscaling software, especially on Nvidia.

I'll give the 1440p a try, but sounds like it's a global issue. My head was going there as the gameplay is buttery smooth aside from that.

Thanks!