Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
The US sucks. Death to America.

shirts and skins posted:

Fundamentally OK with this result, it keeps this poo poo team from stealing the USWNT's valor

Come on. At no point would a Gold Cup ever get enough coverage to take away from a World Cup win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Playing an entire tournament without a striker and finishing second

it does appear having strikers who's only skill is "hold up play" has a downside

i actually thought there was a decent amount to be encouraged by from this match otherwise, but its time to bring in the kids upfront, too. Enough of Zardes/Altidore/Morris.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

USMNT still looking terrible. Looking forward to missing another World Cup.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

RocktheCaulk posted:

What happened to Bobby Wood ?

He’s been rubbish for two years and was even more rubbish on loan this spring so didn’t make the squad. He’s just as poo poo as Zardes and Altidore so there would be no point bringing.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Mexico should’ve been down Guardado after his choke hold, but it’s not like it would’ve mattered.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
This is a stupid loving question but is there a 2021 Gold Cup now that the Confederations Cup is no longer a thing?

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Mexico could have scored 3 goals tbf

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's very hard to believe that the US has not produced a striker better than jozy altidore in the last three decades he's been on the team

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

trem_two posted:

Expected result, but it's poo poo that the US didn't capitalize on any of their early pressure and gently caress those substitutions

:emptyquote:

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

So the reason we haven’t replaced Bradley is because we don’t have anyone to replace Bradley. Got it.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Brony Car posted:

Come on. At no point would a Gold Cup ever get enough coverage to take away from a World Cup win.

As it should be, but I don't even want a sub headline below the US Women's main one.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

R.D. Mangles posted:

it's very hard to believe that the US has not produced a striker better than jozy altidore in the last three decades he's been on the team

Jozy capped in the womb

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

shirts and skins posted:

Fundamentally OK with this result, it keeps this poo poo team from stealing the USWNT's valor

Incredibly lame take

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

R.D. Mangles posted:

How is he only 29

howwwwwww

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Dangerllama posted:

So the reason we haven’t replaced Bradley is because we don’t have anyone to replace Bradley. Got it.

I would consider putting a rack of cleats in his position. Would turnover less.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Aggro posted:

This is a stupid loving question but is there a 2021 Gold Cup now that the Confederations Cup is no longer a thing?

Yes. CONCACAF wants to have it so that they can make more money irrespective of the Confrederations Cup.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Brony Car posted:

The US sucks. Death to America.

You underestimate the misogyny of the typical meathead US sports fan.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Seltzer posted:

Incredibly lame take

In case I'm not being clear, not actually a serious position of mine

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seltzer posted:

Incredibly lame take

x100

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

How is he only 29

howwwwwww

Freddy Adu effect

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

In case I'm not being clear, not actually a serious position of mine

Then don’t post it.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

R.D. Mangles posted:

Well we can't attract elite athletes like Lebron James therefore

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm going to sit on the USA

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That was a really bad match and Mexico and the US should be concerned about their standard going into the next World Cup

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

USNTNMT should perhaps approach Mourinho with a massive deal. He’d win this mickey mouse cup no question

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The replacement for Bradley is McKinnie, hence why he's far more important to the future of the team than Pulisic. Hopefully neither of them ever end up in MLS.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Shrapnig posted:

That was a really bad match and Mexico and the US should be concerned about their standard going into the next World Cup

At least Mexico can reasonably claim that was the B team

Versus the USMNT which can uhhhhhhh

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

de curry GOAT posted:

USNTNMT should perhaps approach Mourinho with a massive deal. He’d win this mickey mouse cup no question

Is that the same Mourinho who keeps getting run off teams after three years

Shrapnig posted:

Then don’t post it.

Sorry about my poasting on these dead forums I will try to be more serious

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

Is that the same Mourinho who keeps getting run off teams after three years

He usually wins trophies before that point, but lately.....

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Tbh I think the US would've looked considerably better without Bradley and if Berhalter would've just found a team and stuck with it. I'm pretty sure he's a terrible manager though.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Gold cup MVP of my dreams Brett Basanez

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

kittenmittons posted:

He usually wins trophies before that point, but lately.....

He always wins trophies. It's just that the trophies at Man-U were supposedly "beneath them" and the players supposedly mutinied.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

This is certainly the most profitable tournament for both confederations in the history of the Gold Cup so lmao if you think anyone in either organizing body gives a single gently caress about the product on the field and isn't just spending every moment they can figuring about a way to this poo poo every summer.

de curry GOAT posted:

You have fundamentally misunderstood the objectives and goals of US Soccer

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

[

de curry GOAT posted:

How about No. Klinsmann was punishment enough.

Big Huski Boi posted:

Tbh I think the US would've looked considerably better without Bradley and if Berhalter would've just found a team and stuck with it. I'm pretty sure he's a terrible manager though.

Who do you like for it? Idk much about him except he was a mediocre player. Which is often a good manager.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

My hottest take is that CONCACAF desperately needs a West Indies team

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

BRETT BASANEZ WHY AREN'T YOU HERE

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Mr. Mambold posted:

[

How about No. Klinsmann was punishment enough.

Mourinho can actually coach Mambo. this can work I guarantee it

Big Huski Boi posted:

My hottest take is that CONCACAF desperately needs a West Indies team

will never happen op absurd take

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kittenmittons posted:

BRETT BASANEZ WHY AREN'T YOU HERE

i don't understand this, but i'm contract-bound to quote any brett basanez content

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

de curry GOAT posted:

Mourinho can actually coach Mambo. this can work I guarantee it

will never happen op

There's no dream that can't be achieved via rampant corruption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Big Huski Boi posted: