Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Lucky Town and Human Touch both have some excellent songs (Souls of the Departed, Lucky Town, Better Days, Human Touch, Soul Driver) but don't really make for a great album. They are both fairly different so you can't say they would have been better if you just took the best of both. Human Touch sounds very much like it was supposed to be an E Street Band follow up to Tunnel of Love, but Lucky Town actually sounds very different.

The Other Band tours kicks rear end too, lots of great shows from that one. If you do go over to nugs.net buy the Meadowlands 1993 show they have up. It's an incredible, eclectic set list. The songs with Southside are great, the acoustic stuff is good and the live arrangement of 57 Channels is so radically different and great.

High Hopes is a really great album and for my money the best thing he's put out this century followed by Magic. Tom Morello adds so much to it and the tour that followed is one of the most interesting ones Bruce has done. Lots of weird, unexpected stuff like that great cover of Stayin Alive.

Western Stars is really good. It's so different from every album he's ever done before. Definitely has the feel of the mood he was in when he wrote Working on a Dream but musically it sounds nothing like it. But you can kind of feel the vibe in a few of the songs and Drive Fast sounds like it is in conversation with The Wrestler.

The release also means that we are that much closer to the release of the legendary hip hop album.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wild and Innocent is at the bottom of my list. Kitty's Back is great live, E Street Shuffle can be, it was cool to hear New York City Serenade Live and Rosalita is fine, but listening to it as an album is a chore.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It was definitely cool to see one of the shows in 2016 where he played nothing but pre Born to Run songs for an hour.

With the exception of Prove it All Night which was in that block for some reason, but it had the '78 intro so it was extra cool to see.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davecrazy posted:

The crowd was decrepitidly old at the concert tonight. Like canes and walkers old. It was kind of depressing.

The crowd at TD this spring was younger than I expected, mostly 50-60, I missed the Gillette shows so maybe the old people are looking for a night under the stars.

Or maybe I should be checking stubhub for deals on the Meadowlands shows in case much of the crowd has entered hospice care and needs to offload tickets.