Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Their hyper successful Kickstarter posted:

An exploration-focused, side-scrolling platformer featuring RPG and crafting elements. Koji Igarashi, the namesake of "Igavania"-style games, is leading the project, with Michiru Yamane composing the music and Inti Creates leading the development.

In development for over 4 years, Bloodstained is the triumphant return of one of gamin'gs pioneers, Koji Igarashi, to the helm of a new game at his own studio. Exploring byzantine labyrinths, fighting all manner of demons and ghouls, epic boss battles, and haunting melodies are hallmarks of these unique action platformers that emphasize exploration and ingenuity. After years of only having access to indie pretenders and replaying our favorite Castlevania games on DS, we finally are given a full console/PC release on what promises to be an instant classic.

Available for PC, PS4, XBox One, and Nintendo Switch :siren:NOW!:siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi7Wzl3YHjU

Ayami Kojima's incredible backer poster captures the elegant spirit of this game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YsNZZISUGk
Some gameplay officially released by SONY

Iga and his team have to be commended, not only on this exciting game, but for doing their very best to communicate with the community and apply feedback while also managing expectations. In light of various Kickstarter disasters like Mighty Number 9 and Star Citizen, seeing a company immaculately pilot the waters of crowdfunding has been a breath of fresh air. These people are committed to making an incredible game, and are clearly having fun doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9L_SSs9wig

In summation:

https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/1140713492204457984?s=20

BLOODSTAINED FAQ

DemoneeHo posted:

I beat the Towers of Twin Dragons boss, but I can't progress any further.

After you beat Valac, the dragon boss, take the silver bromide from the chest in the boss room and bring it to the camera in the Supply Post. Then take the picture you receive to OD in Livre Ex Machina, and he'll turn it into an ID card, which is used in the Bridge of Evil.

So I beat Gebel and I got a bad ending. What do I do? (Also includes achievement info)

Did you fight Bloodless yet? If not, head back to the Cathedral. You can reach new areas with double jump and reflector ray. Also you get an achievement for killing Gebel now

How do I swim underwater?

You have to get the Aqua Stream shard as a random drop from a Deeseama. You can only find them by beating Bloodless and getting past the blood pool in the Castle Entrance.

That's really dumb

It really is

But why can't I open chests underwater?

You need a separate shard to walk underwater. Just continue on, you'll come back later.

Whoa, I can invert now. But i'm still lost.

Head back to the Towers of Twin Dragons and invert up to grab the Aegis Plate in a chest. This lets you walk across the spike tunnel in the Castle Entrance.

So I beat Zangetsu a second time and got a plot item, but I still keep getting a bad ending. (Also includes achievement info)

You ever notice that his sword is referred to as a moon cutter? But you can't do that until the moon itself is red when Gebel is at low health. Killing him after getting the sword triggers the (slightly alternate with its own achievement) bad ending. Kill him first to get the unique achievement if you care about that. To continue properly, do not kill him too fast, and wait until the moon is red. Attack the moon with the Zangetsuto. Turn off your familiars so they don't finish him off.

Cowcaster posted:

weapons can have multiple techniques, although it varies from weapon to weapon, even in the same category. the full list of possible motions is:
-quarter circle forward, attack
-quarter circle back, forward, attack
-double tap forward, attack
-double tap down, attack
-forward, back, forward, attack
-full circle, attack

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
https://youtube.com/watch?v=xi7Wzl3YHjU

Launch trailer

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just need to download it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hey yo I've played for ten minutes and:

Bloodstained...is incredibly good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Why is the digital launch on Switch the 25th and not right now :argh:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Yeah! I put myself down for a physical PS4 copy so I don't know when I'll be getting mine but I'm hype as hell. Man, I really wish they announced the Switch version before the deadline to lock in your platform - I can tell I have brain worms because I almost want to forgo the version I already bought and own and wait for the Switch release.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I'm a bit flummoxed by how many different systems and Npcs with tasks this has.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Still no NA PS4 backer code so I guess I'll just go ahead and kill myself

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

RichterIX posted:

Still no NA PS4 backer code so I guess I'll just go ahead and kill myself

Your Av/Post combo, but it's Miriam instead of Gwyneth Paltrough

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Will be playing after work. Very excited for this.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YsNZZISUGk
Some gameplay officially released by SONY

game looks great but this person loving sucks at video games

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

To the goon who asked in the CV thread, it looks like all the head items do change the model. So does scarf. Not body though I presume.

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

Squiddycat posted:

To the goon who asked in the CV thread, it looks like all the head items do change the model. So does scarf. Not body though I presume.

I haven't seen anything on the body changing yet, but at least some accessories do - there's a mask prior to the castle that ruins cutscenes for me.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What a horrible day
to have a launch

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Did anyone else with physical backer copies get theirs already?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Deified Data posted:

I got it yesterday.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Okay nevermind, GF hid the package on the counter, looks like i got it yesterday too and could have been playing all night if I knew lol

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

Deified Data posted:

Yep, PS4 arrived yesterday (UK).

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If you haven’t watched this trailer stop everything you’re doing (yes even playing bloodstained ritual of the night) and watch it immediately :gizz:

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
Anyone have this on PC and know how it handles ultrawide 21:9? I heard from some of the people who had the demo it did not even pillar box properly. If that is the case I will get it for Switch instead.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I think the Switch release in general is delayed a week, not just the digital. At least I opted for a Steam code as well as a Switch cart for my backer tier so I can play when I get home, but first I gotta finish the workday. :negative:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Buy the game.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I have to wait a week for my switch code?
what the gently caress

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Hayter is really good in this. Very scene chewy

But gently caress Zangetsu was hard as the second boss

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 18, 2019

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I know what ritual I'm doing tonight

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Bloodstained is going to be such a goddamn fun speedgame

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

WaltherFeng posted:

I know what ritual I'm doing tonight

jerkin' it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

when do the additional content like 2nd character/Nightmare Mode/codes go out?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The first mystery. Any ideas?

Because I'm a loving moron and have no clue.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm going to wait for the Switch release but fuckkkkkkkkkk this looks so good. I remember following this project and it looked like poo poo two years ago, they totally turned it around. Hell yeah Iga

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Squiddycat posted:

I was juuust looking at that

at first I was like "did they gently caress up this item description" but now I'm thinking yeah, this probably means something

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Squiddycat posted:

Looks like hex numbers, any idea what that's the ASCII representation for?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Reposting in this thead

https://twitter.com/Fangamer/status/1140926573165441025

If any of you are also in the same boat as me and are waiting on PS4 backer codes. :(

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Is there an explanation floating around on who gets the IGA backpack without having to shell out extra cash? I'm a base tier backer (28$) if it helps.
gently caress it if game is good I'll shell out anyway if need be.

In other news, waiting for the Switch version and please be good please be good please be good please be good. I would really be grateful for my metroid IGAvania fix.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Squiddycat posted:

It just looked like Hexadecimal?

Idk that's probably less a mystery and more "i'm pretty sure that's just an in-joke on a backer weapon" deal.

Hackan Slash posted:

This is what I get from an online converter

code:
o ckçrw&FÇ¢§kj pupseul xrkvt
So it probably is actually encrypted.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
oh poo poo while I'm here if you happen to find an 8-bit coin you can craft a bunch of pretty good stuff; the Oleander boots can poison dudes, I figured out. Probably obvious from looking at the little icon in retrospect but I am dumb. Not sure how often it procs, but potentially very handy

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Hackan Slash posted:

Just put it in to a converter and got this:

o cknpw grdlz zwkj pupseul xrkvt

Yeah, seems like it's an anagram.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
Yay! Next week I get the thing I dropped $300 on five years ago!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Its description is in hex

6F20636B6E7077206772646C7A207A77
6B6A207075707365756C2078726B7674

which converts to

o cknpw grdlz zwkj pupseul xrkvt

Which translates to via Vigenére Cipher using the passphrase "orchid" to

a light saber with immense power

EDIT: thanks nerds on gamefaqs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

arisu posted:

Reposting in this thead

https://twitter.com/Fangamer/status/1140926573165441025

If any of you are also in the same boat as me and are waiting on PS4 backer codes. :(

* GOD
* drat IT