Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Turns out that leaving Steam open all day doesn't mean it'll auto-download games when they unlock.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Hakkesshu posted:

Not every enemy has a shard, right? Just not getting anything out of the regular zombos.
No, their shard is just one of the rare ones. I think I remember getting it in the backer demo.

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hakkesshu posted:

Not every enemy has a shard, right? Just not getting anything out of the regular zombos.

Nope. Check the Demons list in your Archive. If there's a ??? for Shard in the lower right it'll have one, but if not it'll be --- instead. They're one of the few non-shard enemies I've ran into though, so they're more an exception than the rule.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Hakkesshu posted:

Yeah the standard Mortes don't have a shard. They mentioned this during the first gameplay demos. Maybe it's mentioned in the Bestiary too?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Pureauthor posted:

Yeah the standard Mortes don't have a shard. They mentioned this during the first gameplay demos. Maybe it's mentioned in the Bestiary too?
I could have sworn it was Summon Morte, did they cut it?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I managed to beat zangetsu in one try by shooting god drat pigs at him. Their goofy little bouncing trajectory punished him hard when he tried to do his huge swoopy braver attack. game good

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

Accordion Man posted:

I could have sworn it was Summon Morte, did they cut it?

I'm at like 40% shards atm, so if it was in the demo then possibly? That or it was moved to a different variant further on down for balance or something.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Dang Sony. Guess I won't be playing today. :(

https://twitter.com/SwordOrWhip/status/1141027233198465024

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/gamingbits/status/1140994527055904769

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
About how difficult is normal difficulty in this in terms of other Castlevania games? Like, if I think Order of Ecclesia is about the right difficulty level, Circle of the Moon is a little bit too hard, and the rest are all too easy, do I want to play this for the first time on normal or hard?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

it doesn't matter because you're locked to Normal for playthrough 1 (i think the NIGHTMARE cheat code bypasses this though) but from what I've played it's mostly Aria/Dawn level of difficulty.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

This is my favourite enemy ever

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I heard a rumor that naming your save NIGHTMARE when you start may unlock difficulty levels, give it a shot?

EDIT: want to pet the giant demon kitty

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Bael is now mentioned in my compendium, but I don't recall seeing anything mention him. (I just beat the second boss so I am not far into the game.) Other then that he is probably a big deal given that he is the Demon King.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh my god I met literally Alucard. His VA and all

I can't stop laughing. You just walk in a random room and he's just...there. slouching

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

So, i backed at the $60 physical tier, got my PS4 copy in the mail.

Where do i get the keys for the backer-exclusive content?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

This is my favourite enemy ever

As proud owner friend slave to two cats I have to emphatically denounce this violence against felines.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

I'm pretty bummed but nothing compared to the people in the comments on Twitter that are absolutely rabid haha. It doesn't help that their social media person thought it was a good idea to retweet a post about how some influencer site has codes for streamers right above the tweet about backer codes not going out yet.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

akkristor posted:

So, i backed at the $60 physical tier, got my PS4 copy in the mail.

Where do i get the keys for the backer-exclusive content?

Check your Fangamer backer page. it's the link you used when you first filled in the survey.

Edit: But I think all the backer-exclusive stuff isn't up yet anyway.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Yeah Jesus Christ some of the reactions are insane. I mean, I'd like to be playing the game today along with everyone else, but it's a loving video game. The creators aren't out to screw people over, Sony just didn't deliver the keys when they were supposed to.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I managed to beat zangetsu in one try by shooting god drat pigs at him. Their goofy little bouncing trajectory punished him hard when he tried to do his huge swoopy braver attack. game good

that shard actually does a good chunk of damage and is a loving MVP right now for me

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

arisu posted:

Yeah Jesus Christ some of the reactions are insane. I mean, I'd like to be playing the game today along with everyone else, but it's a loving video game. The creators aren't out to screw people over, Sony just didn't deliver the keys when they were supposed to.

Yeah I mean imagine waiting for four years for something and then having a complete meltdown in the last 24 hours.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Bael is now mentioned in my compendium, but I don't recall seeing anything mention him. (I just beat the second boss so I am not far into the game.) Other then that he is probably a big deal given that he is the Demon King.

I had johannes randomly mention him to me during one of our post-alchemy chats, basically "hey if you see bael, get the gently caress out"

the shard you get from possessed portraits is, real god drat good, even if it hilariously involves seeing more portaits

does anybody know what mind and intelligence do, respectively?

Iverron
May 13, 2012

arisu posted:

I mean I don't really have any skin in the game anymore as I'm a physical Switch backer and selling it in favor of buying a steam code for $32 on fanatical but the same exact poo poo happened with Curse of the Moon codes.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/440556881

Some store broke street date so you can see a Switch copy in action here, about an hour of footage from yesterday.

When people are talking about 30 FPS vs 60 FPS, are they talking about how floaty Miriam looks, or are they talking about how the torches look here vs how they'll look on PS4//PC?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Squiddycat posted:

Oh my god I met literally Alucard. His VA and all

I can't stop laughing. You just walk in a random room and he's just...there. slouching

The librarian, right? It's actually a pretty neat system, too.

I also noticed he had a gap under him like in SotN so that should be fun later.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
Since the game went over from IntiCreates to 505, does anyone know whether that one skill based on Gunvolt's Voltaic Chains stayed in Bloodstained or not?

It's not a dealbreaker or anything, I'm just kind of curious given the switch.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I had johannes randomly mention him to me during one of our post-alchemy chats, basically "hey if you see bael, get the gently caress out"

the shard you get from possessed portraits is, real god drat good, even if it hilariously involves seeing more portaits

does anybody know what mind and intelligence do, respectively?
INT is magic attack while MND is magic defense.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

One of the portraits you summon is a kitty :3

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Just found the item that makes your already-excellent backdash make you go what seriously feels like 2-3 times faster than walking

Speedrunning and routing this game is gonna be so fun.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’m glad the game is apparently good. Can’t wait to get started playing later :stoked:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It's exactly what I hoped it would turn out to be

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Does Nightmare do anything obviously spoilery off the bat or is it just a gently caress You Hard Mode

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I've been keeping an eye on this ever since I played CotM and it looks much, much better than I was expecting. Switch version looks solid from that footage too, maybe it takes a bit longer to load.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Speaking of loading, I've experienced a few abnormally long load screens after dying. As in multiple minutes long. Usually it's like sub 5 seconds, but after dying it was around one minute

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Honestly shocked at how much I love the aesthetics of this game. It looks really, really good. Sound design (those chunky satisfying hits unffffff) and music are great.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010
Miriam shouting "PREDICTABO" when she parries is great. The first weapon you get having a technique that let's you get poo poo you shouldn't technically be able to get yet is also wild. I'm so glad this turned out so good.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I'm gonna be honest, I'm still not completely sold in the 2.5D direction they took but I am open to being converted the more of the game I see in action.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

loving Child of Light music in that launch trailer stinger. loving WHAT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
I have had one crash and sometimes Miriam's voice has a weird warble/stutter effect (that nobody else's has), otherwise this game is incredible and everything I wanted so far