Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
2 weeks ago i didnt really care but suddenly today i really want to play this now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
lol just stumbled upon the fact that the first weapon you get has an unlisted quarter-circle command input that does a special move that lets you extend your jump horizontally and get you to places youre "not supposed to" get to without a movement upgrade... sick

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

OKay well the thread has reached the point where goferchan plays for 52 hours on release straight while spoiling everything

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

OKay well the thread has reached the point where goferchan plays for 52 hours on release straight while spoiling everything

Lol I would trade 10 years off my life to have that NEET privilege back at this point . Im like 2 hours in I just stumbled across something cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

2 weeks ago i didnt really care but suddenly today i really want to play this now

Same I watched some gameplay today and it got me really excited for castlevania action

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

it's hideous and the best castlevania games are on the nes and genesis :twisted:

this

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Skylark posted:

Wait a minnute is it something about the gameplay or are people wishing it was 2d??? Literally i was surprised they were charging 40 dolars for this til I looked it up and saw its 3d. 2d just feels old + cheap to me and its harder to enjoy.

3d is cheaper to make than well animated spritework

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Paying hundreds of dollars to put my ugly loving haircut in a video game background ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this games cool and controls exactly like aria of sorrow. its a shame about the music feeling like this weird off-brand castlevania soundtrack though

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Looks like ugly slow crap but I hope it goes on sale in a couple months. On Switch preferably.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

it's hideous and the best castlevania games are on the nes and genesis :twisted:

Agreedo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

spb posted:

The game looks like Leonardo da Vinci was in the middle of painting the Mona Lisa, then he had a craving for a Taco Bell burrito and, about 6 to 8 hours later, took a big dump in the toilet

It looks like poop falling out of a volcano that's filled with poop, and raining from the sky due to an epic explosion.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Theyre both 3d sonic fans. So this game is probably amazeballs, much like sonic 06 once you learn the ringless silver speedrun

lmfO

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I backed it on Kickstarter and had no idea it'd be some watered down 30fps rubbish on switch and also that I'd get it after everyone else. Had no option to get the ps4 or steam versions once it was revealed that switch wluld get a trash port.

Never back Kickstarters

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SpaceAceJase posted:

I backed it on Kickstarter and had no idea it'd be some watered down 30fps rubbish on switch and also that I'd get it after everyone else. Had no option to get the ps4 or steam versions once it was revealed that switch wluld get a trash port.

Never back Kickstarters

lmfao What the gently caress.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

SpaceAceJase posted:

Never back Kickstarters

The Switch Pro is going to run it at glorious, buttery smooth 1000 nit HDR with 16x TXAA and ample, SUPPLE L2 and L3 caches. And we’ll all remember the day you doubted

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SpaceAceJase posted:

Never back Kickstarters

*karate chops your head off*

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

goferchan posted:

Yah I'm glad I got it but it was definitely more expensive than I thought it would be . The patient gamer will be rewarded with free playable shovel knight DLC

It's not DLC it's already in the game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

The Switch Pro is going to run it at glorious, buttery smooth 1000 nit HDR with 16x TXAA and ample, SUPPLE L2 and L3 caches. And we’ll all remember the day you doubted

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
wish i had some loving mongoloid to tell me if this runs best on Xbox One X, lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I love all the little gimmick weapons with hidden properties , really give me symphony of the night feels . Like the ice-enchanted boots that give you a permanent slipping-on-ice effect or the shoes with blades in the toes that make your slide scale off attack damage instead of doing a flat 1dmg to enemies

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying fg inputs with weapons and discovering special moves ftw. also i cant believe david hayter is in this just doing a snake voice lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

extremebuff posted:

trying fg inputs with weapons and discovering special moves ftw. also i cant believe david hayter is in this just doing a snake voice lol

Speaking of, it took me a while but I figured out what filling up the mastery bar does for a special move -- lets you use the move with every single weapon in that category instead of just the few that "have" it. pretty sick

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

HolePisser1982 posted:

wish i had some loving mongoloid to tell me if this runs best on Xbox One X, lol

Well, it should go without saying.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://clips.twitch.tv/ColorfulReliableMarjoramCoolStoryBob

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ill put up with the kickstarter horseshit if the gameplay is good. for the same reason people put up with the horse poo poo way that shmups look because they like the game play

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
wot did symphony of the night run at? 30 fps or 60 or 50 or whatever the gently caress it was in those days. its fine right?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Are those giant hideous beardo backer portraits all over the place in this? I feel like half the screenshots I’ve seen have them in there and it’s really ugly and jarring and way more of a turnoff than the 2.5D graphics stuff

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

no

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Whew. Cool

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They're only in 1/3 of all the rooms in the game and only sometimes do they come to life as enemies so you have to pay even closer attention to them. Not really a big deal at all imho.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

wot did symphony of the night run at? 30 fps or 60 or 50 or whatever the gently caress it was in those days. its fine right?

it was 60 or 50 for PAL. i mean, it was a huge part of how loving mindblowingly good it felt to play back in the day, at least for me, so im not stoked to buy the 30fps version of the new one. but i dunno, difficult choice for sure

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hmm.. maye ps4 then for me.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Are those giant hideous beardo backer portraits all over the place in this? I feel like half the screenshots I’ve seen have them in there and it’s really ugly and jarring and way more of a turnoff than the 2.5D graphics stuff

there's more than I care to look at and a spell that uses them...need a kramer mod asap

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

it was 60 or 50 for PAL. i mean, it was a huge part of how loving mindblowingly good it felt to play back in the day, at least for me, so im not stoked to buy the 30fps version of the new one. but i dunno, difficult choice for sure

Listen. The only thing that "feels good" in PAL will get you arrested in most civilized countries but Rare has powerful allies including Phil Spector, the Clinton foundation, and the kusher real estate dynasty .

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Listen. The only thing that "feels good" in PAL will get you arrested in most civilized countries but Rare has powerful allies including Phil Spector, the Clinton foundation, and the kusher real estate dynasty .

lmao
Comet Ping Pong guy dropping a handkerchief with detailed but coded instructions on how to load custom switch firmware at the DNC meet&greet

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
You Were Never Really Here joaquin calmly entering the imp zone and walking up behind me as im following a framerate unlock guide, muttering ohh glorious 144 hertz, and the camera turns away as he blasts my skull in with his iconic hammer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao
Comet Ping Pong guy dropping a handkerchief with detailed but coded instructions on how to load custom switch firmware at the DNC meet&greet

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

CoolStoryBob