Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ill put up with the kickstarter horseshit if the gameplay is good. for the same reason people put up with the horse poo poo way that shmups look because they like the game play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
wot did symphony of the night run at? 30 fps or 60 or 50 or whatever the gently caress it was in those days. its fine right?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hmm.. maye ps4 then for me.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
whats the actual game like to play. please tell me w ith as little irony as possible any1

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Is it true these costed 1500 dollars.

i mean portait aside that looks alright .. its not aaa poo poo but its not too bad

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

It's more like SotN than any of the others, just a big castle filled with weird items and equipment. Though unlike SotN most of the weird stuff you find can be useful for most of the game. It plays just like other Castlevania games with a few twists like basic abilities that you can aim with the right stick. It being in 3D makes what the enemies are doing a little less clear sometimes, especially if you're using a weapon that has flashy elemental effects on it. Though there are some cool game mechanics that take advantage of it being in 3D.

ty .. thats all i need, i trust u on gameplay mechanics etc. gonna buy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

It's full of pervert poo poo.

its fine .. im not really a pervert so i dont care if its there or not as long as its not like some super shady poo poo. i wasnt expecting much from the gfx to begin with

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
how can the music be bad. they had michiru yamane right ? could they only afford 1 song

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Gave this chunk of rear end the 100% map/powers/enemies test and it ate the fail donkeys steaming diarrhea stream after just 82 hours of gameplay. It would literally be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

lol .. will probbaly play this tomorrow. i used to only play 1 game at a time (persona q2) but im able tp multitask these days

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Some pervert poo poo I seen without even trying to find it: Holding up makes Miriam do a series of pinup poses, you can sit at a piano and play it and a naked fairy will sing on top of it, pigtails, squeaky shoes as a weapon that look like a little girl's sneakers, a face mask that makes Miriam sound like a little girl, a room with a portrait in it that is staring at Miriam and you can sit down in front of the portrait, full blown upskirt in several animations such as going into a portal or saving your game, all manner of cat ear type cosmetic items, an item that zooms in on Miriam's rear end,

weird.. still .. if you dont like it, dont jack off to it, thats what i always say.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

sometimes your hand is forced, its just the way things are

the only stuff that botheres me is like etrian odyssey girl portraits since they were clearly drawn by an active and dangerous sex criminal .. so i have to play all male parties in those games

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i bought this .. i hope its good.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im not a metroid pro but i was ok at ecclesia .. so i will try to explain why its good if it is for ppl who are on the fence. onec i play it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
consider that an announcement that a post is going to take plplace in the near future .. i cant promise a deadline .. but keep an eye out.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

It’s good because if you want to play a game like Zaria of Sorrow then it’s like that. It’s just incredibly ugly.

i loved aria of sorrow. its my 2nd favourite after sotn and ahead of ecclesia. though to be honest those are the only modern ones i like except for portrait of ruin

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

American McGay posted:

The feet loving pulsate erotically and you're trying to act like you don't notice any of this poo poo? This is a new low even for you, the guy whose known for liking gross anime pervert poo poo.

u sure its supposed to be erotic? sounds like some kind of blood clot or elephantitis to me.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Same except I only played 5 mins max of any of the others.

ecclesia is definitely worth finishing. it has a big draculas castle at the end if the linear stages dont appeal to you. and easily the best game play etc

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its definitely castlevania .. probly need a bit of 5 minutes of playing to be more specific

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
btw .. i know its a modern game and doesnt need to look bad, but the bad 3d and stuff reminds me of like old ps2 rpgs and poo poo like Y's

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Modern Ys games still look that bad bc they're made by 6 people in a closet in Tokyo. It's quite awesome

yea .. it has a kind of charm to it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
alright, playd some more . it controls basically exactly like sotn right down to the little tricks you can do like attacking with a knife right before u hit the ground and getting another instant attack after etc. so ... if youre worried about how it controls, its at least as good as sotn and prbably basically identical. i havent fought any bosses yet but some of the 2d prequel game ones were pretty good so i bet they cant be too bad in this game. i also tried to both spot and get a boner from looking at a pulsating foot (?) but failed on both counts. i bet this game would look 100x better and modern on the switch . anyway, its castlevania, like u knew it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
it locks u out of hard and very hard for your first playthrough though so im not expecting a challenge. that kind of pisses me off. but maybe theres a reason for that that isnt totally stupid

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
cant recommend it yet though cos ive only played 20 mins total .. but they definitely didnt scam their kick starters and proabbaly made a great game.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

American McGay posted:

You can unlock them automatically by changing naming your save file, same as all the other games.

ohhhh. ty. thats probably the only thing that bothered me so far .. other than that, im not even sure hwy ppl are saying he music is bad. its normal castlevania style music

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I couldn't get this to work with any weapons.

i did it with the knife you get in the first chest. so maybe its exclusive to knife weapons

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

It runa 30fps on switch. Incredibel

its probably fine. ds1 was great on the switch and that ran at 30fps too. its when u drop frames and get lag and poo poo that pisses me off

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
anyway do u really need a platformer to run at 60fps. im not really a pc tard so most games i play on my ps4 are like 40fps anyway

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
no offence to any pc gamers out there .. i jut sort of think all of them are retarded, and infected with some kind of parasite. but it doesnt mean i think you personally are retarded

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

mario 1 ran at 60fps on a NES. its not rocket science

id rather play this than mario 1. although the switch version doesnt actually come out until tomorrow so i have it on ps4

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

im not from that era man. and even the ps1 ran at 50fps and not 60 (PAL fail)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
and at no point did i say frame drops were acceptable .. dont accuse me of saying that sort of poo poo or anything like input lag is fine cos i didnt and never would .. i just dont think 30fps is all that bad. obviously 60 looks better but like, i mean, its fine.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I been using Kung fu shoes which certainly don’t feel like it’s any faster to do that strat. Unless there’s some input I’m missing. But I used that tech all the time in Aria and SOTN so idk.

u probably know more than me. i just tried it out to test if you could do it, i dont use those kinds of tricks when i play cos im not really good enough to. theres probably some frame perfect way of making it really fast

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hmm .. didnt mean to step on a landmine. my apologies .. like i said, im not from that era. with that said though .. flame wars are good so dont stop on my account

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
however. .. would like to offer a slight counter argument to the precision platforming aspect ... castlevania has never really had hard or precise platforming sections in since sotn. so then ... 30fps .. its fine, right?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
since before sotn i mean. cos sotn had none whatsoever in

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
could have sworn some of the handheld ones ran at 30 too , maybe the ds ones.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
anyway its a good game so far .. i think i can recommend it now (60fps). sure beats the poo poo out of dawn of sorrow anyway

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

American McGay posted:

=alright now you're just trolling. unbookmarking this shitshow.

Im just messing around. but its true i dont see the big deal

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Dawn of Sorrow is a low tier CV

absolute bottom tier for me. of the metroid style ones anyway . dont have much experience with the older ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Can't take this poo poo seriously or Synthy and his band of codeine fuckbrains will concoct fakeposts that make you sound like you blast your draws full of flaming hot cheetos diarrhea every night. So gently caress off. Just a simple no. I'm done with you low frame rate dickheads.

i would never fake post.