Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Been doing my first playthrough of this game (which I had to buy a Switch for, thank you COVID check). Some random thoughts:

1) Fear the Deer.
2) Raphael is totally Big McLargeHuge from MST3K's Space Mutiny
3) Goddamn it was hard recruiting literally everybody before part one ended.
4) Remember that stupid Harry Potter twitter joke about how the students get sorted into "brave, smart, evil, and miscellaneous"? Yeah, that applies to this game too.
5) I wish there was fanart of Byleth and the characters from the Trails JPRGs fishing together.
6) Game told me I jumped straight from A to S support with Dorothea immediately after part two started. Yeah I may have a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ignatz is such a hairstyle disaster. My dude in part one your hair was drat weird but how did you go five years and decide the Moe Howard Classic was the right 'do to replace it? Seriously how did you manage a lateral move like that?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Iggy is my beautiful sniper boy and I love him dearly but my God his hair. Also Leonie and Sylvain's "Wait, you're a g-girl?!" support is really drat funny if you see it with their part two outfits.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 18, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Prurient Squid posted:

Flayn is great because she's so mature and totally not naive at all and is actually the least naive person who ever lived.

As Flayn joined my class I was ready to kill everyone in Fodlan if something bad happened to her.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eimi posted:

Mercedes had to cut her hair or else she would die.

Mercedes is totally Marilyn Monroe but an anime mom, which is a weird vibe.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Gonna have a hard time not just doing infinite Golden Deer runs because Claude is so much fun to hang out with.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Carlosologist posted:

what pairs should we have gotten but didn't? It would have been cool to see a full-fledged house leader support for example

Claude and Dorothea
Dorothea and Mercedes
Seteth and Sylvain
Hapi and Everyone
Flayn and Everyone

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 26, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Annette sings, so why doesn't she have supports with Dorothea and Manuela?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Prurient Squid posted:

First impression "Harry Potter and the Game of Thrones"

Second impression "Lord of the Rings meets Scooby Doo"

Current impression "Is this Babylon 5?"

So the game keeps getting better?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

indigi posted:

decided to hang out with the Black Eagles again, Edelgard had such good stat luck that Rhea couldn’t damage her. just swung away with Amyr til she croaked

maybe I’ll finally play through the DLC, I was annoyed that I wasn’t allowed to recruit them to my house cause I hadn’t completed it

You don't have to actually finish Cindered Shadows to get Yuri & Co. Just gotta reach the final boss.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eimi posted:

:smith: gently caress cancer

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I like Sylvain because he's a good mounted unit.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Forget everything else, I want an FE game set in Brigid.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eimi posted:

Clearly El and Hilda had a messy break up. Also like Lorenz not being loyal is a big enough plot point to make it into Hopes as a major thing.

I'm enjoying the idea that back above ground Hubert and Dedue have reluctantly teamed up to figure out what happened to their BFFs while Lorenz is trying to run the Deer and failing miserably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ApplesandOranges posted:

You also have some weird transitions like how there's no in-between class from Pegasus Knight to Falcon Knight.

What, like a Chimera Knight where you ride a malformed fusion of pegasus and falcon?