Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like the monastery honestly, it just needs more things to do. They also probably should have made how you spend time a bit more meaningful.

For the next game maybe they can go full Suikoden and let you gradually expand the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

my best guess is someone high up saw this line and got the vapors

There is also another possibility: it was an earlier draft of the line that got overlooked in a build and accidentally pushed with the patch. The fact that it is just a more plain version of the line makes me suspect that, especially since I have seen things like that before.

One translation for example accidentally pushed an earlier iteration of a term to the entire build, making everyone panic that a huge amount of text was now invalid.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Araxxor posted:

The problem with that theory was that the line got rerecorded. Hard for something like that to be accidental.

Still entirely possible. Voice actors record lines long into production. It is why cut data so often contains clips for stuff that never happened.

Not saying it is a sure thing, just saying I've seen it before.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

I feel like there's a lot of potential scheming by Claude, with an open question of how much he isn't telling you about his intentions. His route ends with him returning to rule Almyra after having succeeded in his goals to break down the borders, and leaving behind a ruler who he has a strong personal relationship with and relations dramatically improved with Fodlan overall after the Almyran army dramatically showed up to save the day. He obviously didn't plan on Edelgard's whole deal but he made the most of it and it definitely seems like there was more going on in his head than just "We'll save the world with kindness and friendship, Teach!"

The problem is it's all subtext and left to the player to decide.

Claude wants to break down barriers of class and race alike. He is honest about that. Where his scheming lies is in his far he is willing to go because he is pragmatic enough to understand that one of the easiest ways to do that will involve some dirty stuff.

He means what he says but that also means he is willing to betray, lie and cheat to get there

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I did Deers first and the final boss felt so natural to me I was shocked to hear it was route exclusive. They spend the whole game hyping up those dudes and the Crest system that ur nade perfect sense to me for Claude to fight the embodiment of all that. It also bookends the opening cutscene nicely.