Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Playing this for the first time and I'm always not really sure what I'm doing when building my units. I'm around level 13 and so far I've mostly just put points into weapons and everyone has followed the most obvious path

I don't want to just follow some build guides, but are there any general tips on what to do/what NOT to do that might not be immediately obvious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
what AM I meant do to with Ingrid as my Pegasus knight now that she's level 20? she's been great in that class but feels weird to just leave her there. But also she doesn't even have the skills to do anything because her goals were always flying lol

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I guess she can stay Pegasus till its mastered and then we'll see where we are

This game is very good by the way. I know I could google this but I've already been spoiled a bit from doing that so: how different is the game if you choose another house? I chose Blue Lions. I feel like I've read that the first half is kinda the same and the second isn't. With what's happening in the plot now (chapter 11), I can't really even imagine how the first half would have been the same if I'd chosen Black Eagles.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
So I let Ashe die in one of the early chapters, and of course he wasn't available to fight after that. Post time skip he hasn't even showed up at all, and it just occurred to me that he wasn't in any cutscenes after he "died" in part 1 either (I think, anyway)

so I'm curious to know what happens if you let all of your house members die in part 1, do they just not show up later? or maybe I'm just not far enough in and he does appear again? Dedue being absent was explained but nothing about Ashe

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Interesting how the game can just cut out characters that have lines in cutscenes like that. There is a ton of dialogue in this game

On another note: I just did chapter 17 and wth, is Claude supposed to be able to one shot literally any of my party or am I under leveled? He was level 36, I had Byleth and Dimitri around 33 and the rest around 30-31. He covered like half the map in one turn and killed one of my units at full health.

I did manage to clear the map the second time because he got distracted by a demonic beast and some mages. But I'm a bit concerned that I'm heading for a lot of casualties later if nobody can take one hit from a unit with that much movement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
So I just finished the Blue Lions route, and I virtually never used axes or gauntlets at all. Axes just didn't seem accurate enough to be worth it, and I didn't know what to do with gauntlets so ignored them. I'm gonna start a Black Eagles run and try to use a gauntlet class this time, but are axes actually any good?