Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Raserys posted:

i hope edelgard is in smash

An axe fighter??? In smash?? Now thats funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I was there that day and well I remember how it shook me to my core

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't want to kill the other houses characters

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I feel like I'm probably not the first person to complain about this but why the hell isn't there an Advanced class for pegasus knights? What the hell am I supposed to do with Ingrid for the next 10 levels?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I recruited Ingrid from another house so I guess I can have her roll as soldier for a while on sidequests and stuff till she masters that and gets the defense +2 but it still kinda sucks cause she's mastered pegasus knight and would be all ready to jump to an advanced class at 20 if she could.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

Ah, yeah, that'd explain it.

Also, I know that the weapons come in rusted, it's just that every time I've reset the field, I've gotten a different monster, but only Rusted (Silver) weapons

I've only done very limited experimentation on this but it seems like if only silvers are coming up that's all that it will be until you do another battle, at which point there's a chance for the special ones. I have at least once reset it on a special one and had a different special show up. Whereas I've reset it endlessly on silvers and only gotten more silvers.

E: In case I'm explaining this poorly, one time I got silvers and reset a few times to make sure silvers kept appearing. Then i did another normal Aux battle. Then I went back to the rare monster battle and now it had a special weapon. Out of curiosity I backed out and reset it and it now had a different special weapon at which point I just fought it.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 11, 2019

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

Oh, the seed only resets after battle? Boo. I thought it might've been every time, just a really low chance. (Once, I had a monster with Gradivus, but I couldn't win the battle on Hard so I gave up. Came back to it after doing a different battle to get a little more exp, and it was silver.)

That's at least how I think it works yeah. So you've got 3 chances per rare monster appearance, but once you do get the legendaries to show up you can reset and try to get a particular one you want.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Geez I was hoping that with divine pulses I'd be ready for whatever the super hard mode could throw at me but your descriptions make it sound awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

Half XP Hard Mode would be perfect for me. I'd love a modular difficulty selection thing like that. Hard mode is too easy to be engaging but Maddening sounds like several steps too far for me.

Being good but not great at games is a curse

Maybe NG+ Maddening with overpowered battalions will work for me but then I'm probably going to be annoyed at myself that I didn't do it For Real thanks to there being a (cosmetic and totally unimportant) reward for doing it on a fresh NG

Combat arts do not prevent counter attacks at all. A couple specific ones do, like Windsweep, but as a rule they do not. Are you thinking of gambits there?

That said it does sound like they're going to be vital on Maddening, which I do think is kind of cool.

What sucks for me is that all the ng+ features allow me to pursue one of my goals with the game, getting all the supports, but they also made my Golden Deer playthrough way overleveled due to having so many battles to work with. I was really hoping Maddening would fix that problem so I could have it both ways but it doesn't look like that's gonna be the case.