Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Have they said anything about the teachers being playable units or having supports?

...I just want to smooch Catherine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Supersonic Shine posted:

First people were comparing Marianne to a cross between Berkut and Rinea and now this. Personally, Seteth's facial hair hasn't impressed me enough to think that he's Rudolf's grandson.

Hold judgment until the 5 year time skip

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

golden bubble posted:

All the classes have been revealed. How do you avoid being outclassed by horse/flyer emblem in an FE game? In 3H, the answer is to make almost every final promoted class into a flyer or horse. Welcome to genealogy 2: the revenge of horse emblem.

Gdi, there’s no Griffon Rider class?

But there’s one on the Faergus Flag!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

rannum posted:

maybe it's a master class exclusive to Dimitri

I mean probably not but it'd be neat

I can see that, like it would be a special Male Falcon Knight-like class, or a Wyvern Lord like class but they use Lances and Swords instead of Lances and Axes

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I wonder if the students poached from the other houses will have supports with the students in your chosen house.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

not a bot posted:

This is probably just special classes for the lords and Byleth + dancer, but still interesting that all classes haven't been shown.

My hope for a Griffon Rider class is back!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zoran posted:

Post-timeskip mechanical spoilers:

All four lords do get unique classes. Edelgard has Armored Lord (with armor movement, boo!) and Byleth gets a special infantry class with a name that might be extra spoilery. It seems fairly obvious that Dmitri will have a horse and that Claude will indeed ride a wyvern.

No confirmation on what they specialize in, although the odds-on favorites would be Authority, their respective default weapon types, and their respective movement types. Since Byleth's class is infantry, it might have a third specialization in something else; I would guess Faith, Byleth's hidden talent.

Booo! Give me Griffon Riders! Otherwise what’s the point of putting one on the Faerghus flag?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Well Manicured Man posted:

CF: Randolph dies defending Garreg Mach from the Knights of Seiros
AM: He gets tortured by Dimitri (don't recall if he is killed immediately or dies later) and that's why Fleche tries to assassinate Dimitri at Gronder Field
I don't think he gets mentioned in SS or VW.

\/\/\/\/\/

Oh, right. Caspar's brother doesn't show up at all in the game, does he? Like Count Bergliez himself.

If I remember it right Dimitri gives a 'to the pain' speech to Randolph but Byleth shanks him before Dimitri can make good on it

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/rycalochka/status/1358812320567332864?s=20

Conflicting reports, though

Some think it's just beta footage

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

These are all valid criticisms, but I still like Azure Moon the best out of all the route? :shrug:

Like yeah, I'd like to have seen more pushback from the Blue Lions but I got the sense that most of them see Dimitri as their friend rather than King and half the reason they followed him was because he was going to Enbar, with or without them, and didn't want to see him die in a suicidal charge which is what happens in VW. It's especially stupid that Dedue has a death flag because he out of all of the Blue Lions has the deepest connection to Dimitri and could have played a big role in redeeming Dimitri. And I'd really like to have dealt with the Slithers in a more direct way, rather than killing off most of their leadership or getting that Dimitri/Hapi ending slide, since they were the true culprits behind the Tragedy of Duscur.

And I didn't really see AM as a "return to status quo" either, since Dimitri as far back as the academy phase also had issue with the Crest System as it was (he thinks Miklan shouldn't have lost his status because he was born without a Crest), but he rather than thinking to abolish it he wanted people with and without Crests to acknowledge each other and learn to respect one another on personal merit, and he extends that to lineage, race, ideology, and faith. Naive, maybe, but I don't think he was going to keep Fodlan exactly as it was before the war

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 24, 2021

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean yeah but we aren’t talking about Claude. Claude is pretty boring guy.

Man Dmintri being the final boss of AM woukd have been cool. Playing up the tragic angle could have given it a way to make it one of the more unique routes.

I’d rather not have a story where someone with clear PTSD issues end with him having to be put down like some rabid animal

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

You mean like you do to Edelgard?

No, cause CF doesn't end with you fighting Edelgard

It's also why I'm not a fan of Having to fight Rhea at the end of Silver Snow and kill her if you don't have an A-Rank with her

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

You know, you can defeat someone in battle and not kill them.

I know, but I wasn't getting that sense from the OP