Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i hope edelgard is in smash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Bongo Bill posted:

Performance optimization is usually one of the last things done in game development!

Yeah I remember Mario odyssey looking a lot better between the first e3 trailer and the second

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
fire emblem warriors 2 is going to kick rear end

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Torrannor posted:

It's just one reviewer? Why not retain your "wait and see" attitude, and look how the thread regulars judge the game after playing it?

how else is the thread supposed to know they Hate Fates without being performative about it

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Grapplejack posted:

Did you miss the news about there being zero actual m/m supports

E: alois's m/m s-rank ends with you marrying a woman because gay men are gross

What about lynhardt

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

hopeandjoy posted:

Are we just going to have to assume that every major female character who’s heavily pushed in marketing and thus becomes a big ship with the MC is secretly your cousin from now on?

ive been reading spoilers and I have yet to see anything about this tbh

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

dmboogie posted:

hubert's paralogue was real bad for this :v:

yeah sure, lord arundel, call me incompetent because your freaking mages killed themselves on the giant monsters they lost control of in the first place!! i could've killed them all on the next turn if you'd just stayed still and used a vulnerary for one goddamn minute :argh:

You only need to keep more than half of them alive to get the reward, all that changes from saving all of them is text in the following scene

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Amongst all the stories of lovely Caspars, my grappler Caspar crit on his two punches and beat endgame Dimitri without taking a scratch

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
does anything ever come of (last BE chapter before time skip plot spoilers) jeritza and the death knight? there seem to be a lot of hints that jeritza wasnt actually him, but he never shows up again and even when the death knight joins you with edelgard no comment is made of him

makes me feel like that plot thread was cut or maybe they're saving it for dlc

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I know you can get an elite weapon on the Blue Lions route only through using the talk command in one main battle.

which chapter?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
comedy option: thunderbrand

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Felix's speed growth was high enough for me that even with the shield it barely made a difference

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The movement arts have all been extremely useful in my experience, particularly on units with canto

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

I know KT coded the game, but did they really do all the writing too?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
you need a break from this game, dude

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
for me they brought Dedue down to 1 hp, but his defense was so high the beast couldn't bring it down any further

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

HenryEx posted:

The biggest tragedy and personal loss the player has to pay for choosing the BE-E route is losing my buddy Gate Keeper. Seeing him replaced by his twin brother from the Empire just isn't the same after we bonded so much. Of all the people i spoke with after Jeralt's death, his reaction was the only one that really choked me. :(

i see this a lot and i never got the impression that was his twin brother, i assumed it was the same old gatekeeper who was telling you about his twin brother

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Amppelix posted:

Wow I finally finished a playthrough (and it was the shortest one!) Feels really satisfying though, I feel like the main plot's writing improved pretty dramatically towards the end there. Like, it was always pretty good, but it became excellent! I could really feel the stakes and the emotions at play on the battlefield. Now to see if I can muster up the motivation to jump right into playthrough #2.

The point he's trying to make is that his brother is loyal to the church and thus followed them out of the monastery. It's not the same guy.

"What's that? Do I have brothers in the church? You really are well informed! My older twin works for the Knights of Seiros, but I think he's just a grunt. Not a noble gatekeeper like yours truly!"

It's a joke about how he has the same model as the generic soldiers, not saying that the original gatekeeper left and was replaced by his brother

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
caspar owns actually

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Diogines posted:

Question. So, I just beat my first Fire Emblem game(this one) and this is the first game on the Switch I actually liked enough to play to the end, so that is pretty high praise. I am ready for my second play through and am curious on suggestions on which house to start on next.. I started with the Black Eagles based upon the fact that it was the most popular house in the thread poll, and despite it making no god drat sense and the game giving you 0 reason to do so, decided to stick with Edelgard because while the game gave you no loving information on how to make that decision, the game is Anime as gently caress so I figured it would be a good choice.

1. Which faction/path would you suggest I pick for play through 2, which had a story you liked more? Please try to avoid spoilers on the story, i'm looking for general suggestions on Blue Lions or Yellow Deer for the next round.

I did casual/hard the first time, I'm going to bump that up to classic/hard this time, now that I actually get how to play.

2. Is there any point to have the main character be anything but a sword user, given the sort of loot they get down the road?

1. just for the contrast, i'd suggest blue lions, golden deer's story is very different

2. not really since you can use a sword in any class you want, it's worth raising your skills in other weapons to recruit students or acquire skills/class certifications though

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I wasn't sure edelgard even realized the kid she had a crush on was dimitri

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I've never heard the alien thing before

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
even though the reasoning is probably nintendo wanting to avoid working with unions, which sucks, I like that a lot of three houses VAs started in the series as one-off parts in heroes

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Galeforce gives you one extra turn, Raging Storm gives you up to four

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
the holocaust analogy is in pretty poor taste I think

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Cattail Prophet posted:

My working theory is that it's out of a sense of fairness after Dedue got left out of the "seconds in command" 3H banner in heroes. In other words, expect Hilda to be mysteriously absent next time 3H characters show up in another game.

hilda will probably show up the most out of the second in commands for reasons i think are obvious

Smirking_Serpent posted:

lol that the trailer has 4.5k likes, 2.9k dislikes, and disabled comments

tbf all smash trailers have comments disabled

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I got a mild chuckle out of the miraculous zero casualty sieges of Hoshido

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Shout out though to when Dedue got hit by the 1 hp spell right in front of a divine beast, and proceeded to no sell every single attack from said divine beast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

AlternateNu posted:

:lol: If you don't recruit Manuela, she's an assassin in the Silver Maiden paralogue. An assassin? Really? :psyduck:

It's because she gave up her Faith to join the Empire