Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Very happy about the huge resurgence in Golden Deer votes, it was not looking good initially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Not gonna lie, this is pretty :discourse:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Golden Deer are art students, Blue Lions are angsty literature students.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

i wish fe fans werent so obsessed with archetypes

Trust me it ain't just Fire Emblem fans. There's this huge website called TVTropes full of people doing nothing but categorizing archetypes, you may have heard of it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh my gosh when Seiros just runs up and punches the guy in the face :swoon:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

"As a fragile maiden, I am useless in battle" -murders a dude with an axe-

Hilda is great. :getin:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The protagonist is always the worst part of Personas and similar games, though they end up pretty good in spite of that.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Claude, like all Revolutionaries, is painted by the bourgeoisie as dishonest and thieving in an attempt to prevent the masses from uniting against their oppressors and seizing the means of production for themselves.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I've been avoiding the thread because spoilers so I dunno if this is a common issue or not: All of my characters are extremely outleveling their class mastery. A few of them are 12-13 and haven't mastered their level 5-10 classes yet and I don't want to switch them up to intermediate classes because the skills they get from the master are really good, but then I'll just be even more behind later. Am I doing something wrong?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

ps teleporter mazes suck

edit: Has anyone seen the magic-lance? I found a levin sword but I'm DEER CLAN, so no one even uses swords. It's all axes and horses.

You didn't give your Levin Sword to Lysithea? She's practically tailor made for it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Agean90 posted:

Why give the levin sword to her when I can just give her the relic staff that gives +2 to her spell range and nuke everything with dark magic?

Because it's fun? Also her unique sword combat art is outrageously strong.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Also I'd just like to say that having your entire army start off with 4 move until level 10 at minimum, and pegasi only going up to 6 move, is really loving dumb and I hate it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

OddObserver posted:

Lys also gets a fun offensive white magic that totally wrecks the large enemies... Those that don't have magic immunity shields, anyway.

On that note, I am pretty vague on the shield-breaking mechanics and I am not sure it's worth it much of the time.

She also gets loving Warp. Lys is insanely strong and I love her.

Getting all of Reason, Faith, and Swords to high ranks is a bit much though, unfortunately. :smith:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I would honestly not be surprised to see some crazy speedruns of this game between Stride, Warp, and Dance all being available relatively early. I wonder if that was a deliberate design decision?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Harrow posted:

How are people building Claude? Would it be worth teaching him some sword skills and having him go Lord, or should I go pure bow with him and take him down the Archer path? I know about his advanced/master classes, just not sure what the best path there is.

Axes. He turns into an extremely solid Warrior.

I have unlocked the hidden potential ability for every one of my units so far and havent had a single regret. They seem to always end up monsters.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm not anywhere close to the spoilery stuff yet and I'm already super happy with how they handled all of the weird plot bits. It's such a refreshing change of pace from Fates and even prior games. All of the unsettling weirdness around plot elements with Byleth and her dad and the church being inconsistent feels really gaslighty in a way that has me desperate to keep learning more so I can figure out what is really happening.

I loving love it and am so glad I'm going in mostly unspoiled. I have never been this invested in a Fire Emblem story.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Has anyone tried to recruit as many people from the same house as possible? I'm wondering if it's possible to totally decimate one of the houses ranks.

Someone earlier posted they recruited everyone who wasn't gated by time or the plot.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Felix's personal skill works on fist weapons and it's, uh, really loving good. :stare:

e: Also any battalion that gives +str

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Megasabin posted:

Is dancer actually a class that’s worth it?

Dancer/Bard is always disgustingly powerful in FE games.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I thought Linhardt is Soren?!

Linhardt is practically a sphere when compared to all of Soren's edge.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Are there any classes that can both fly and use magic? I'll be very disappointed if it turns out that making Marianne a fabulous pegasus is all for naught :(

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hahahahah what the gently caress is Thyrsus? :stonk:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A neat trick I found is that forging a weapon fully repairs it, even if it's at 0 durability, and costs only slightly more than repairing it. So you can save yourself a bunch of money and materials and get mildly better weapons out of it too!

You can't forge again when they're already + weapons though so this only works once, or twice if you upgrade iron to steel first or whatever.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is there a reason why Dorothea is taking damage every time she attacks? Even if she gets a kill. But the damage never takes her below 1 hp, it'll just show 0 damage after the combat.

I'm on her paralogue chapter and thinking that might have something to do with it, but she isn't on lava and she isn't poisoned so :confused:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hellioning posted:

What weapon is she using? The Devil weapons and some others damage you after every combat.

There also might be a skill that does the same thing, but if so, I haven't seen it.

Just a basic Fire spell.

EDIT: Oh does Thyrsus damage characters using it who aren't the correct Crest?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Gotcha, yeah it seems to be doing 10 damage per combat with no limit but can't bring the character below 1. That kinda sucks but I suppose it makes sense as sort of a check on them, even if their durability issues are already kinda doing that.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Deified Data posted:

So if you exhaust the charges on Catherine's relic for example it's just gone forever?

No, you can repair them with materials you get from breaking all four shields on Dragon monster enemies.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

About recruiting from other houses: Is it purely the stats they care about, or do you also have to get your support ranks up with them?

I am right before the dance and none of the kids are willing to switch over still, even the ones with stats I nominally have pretty decent so its a bit confusing to me unless you are meant to get most of them right before the time skip.

Support ranks lower the amount of stats you need. Without support you need like 30 of the stat and B of the skill (higher for swords, lower for armor/horse/peg)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Motto posted:

Aside from Lys on non-GD routes and Sylvain being potentially free, are there any units that are obvious utility gains for a given house in terms of shoring up holes or just being generally useful?

Dorothea is a near perfect slot in for your Dancer on GE and BL routes

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

It's loving infuriating.

It's all a bunch of sites that have info that is "HEY! Tea time is something that can happen! That is all. The end." "Did you know you can fish?! Okay that's all we have to say!"

Gotta rake in those clicks for ad revenue!!!

Capitalism is a disease.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Question 4 is a whole bunch of bullshit tbh.

Smile, Nod, Sip Tea.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dimitri gets both Battalion Vantage and Battalion Wrath from leveling his authority.

:getin:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sadly on hard mode gambits do like 1 damage to him because of the ability he has.

You could try fishing for Hilda's crest proc using divine blessing to reset, but that's iffy as hell.

If you recruited Sylvain early you would have had the option to keep the special lance from the previous chapter, which combined with the anti-horse combat art should oneshot him.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ah my bad, that's for a later optional boss encounter.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Golden Deer has the best overall cast but worst overall writing, imho.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

indigi posted:

goons getting defensive over the racist sexist neurodivergent house, who could have predicted this

Why would you post like this

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

my moral values are that i like it when lesbians are the protagonists

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Pears are so fuckin good, great choice.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hilda and Edelgard being messy exes is basically canon, to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Does Ferdinand get a special dialogue scene fighting Edelgard if you recruit him in Blue Lions?