Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Raserys posted:

i hope edelgard is in smash
You’re getting Byleth and you’re going to like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/FireEmblemJP/status/1143775903165534209

Seteth assists the Archbishop and objects to Byleth being put in charge of the classes so quickly, though he respects Rhea’s decision. He also takes care of his younger sister.

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemJP/status/1144500930835972096

Flayn is Seteth’s younger sister, who lives at the monastery despite not being a student. She’s gentle and outgoing, but her curiosity leads her to make rash decisions.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
First people were comparing Marianne to a cross between Berkut and Rinea and now this. Personally, Seteth's facial hair hasn't impressed me enough to think that he's Rudolf's grandson.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I kind of hope the new guy is related to Edelgard and their supports revolve around her being exasperated by her brother/cousin/really young uncle being a shy recluse who wears a strange mask and avoids talking to other people. Of course, if they are related, he probably disappeared a while ago and came back under an assumed identity.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Fire Emblem x Super Robot Wars when?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Hey, you know what would be funny/annoying? If the other teachers occasionally chimed in with suggestions on who to support with who.

“You should pair these two together because they cover each other’s weaknesses perfectly.”
“No, you should pair up these two because he could stand to learn a lot from her.”
“But she has to go with him because just look at the way they stare at each other. Best get it out of the way sooner rather than later.”

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

not a bot posted:

Dimitri sounds like a dweeb.
Sounds a lot like Yuri Lowenthal to me. There was this moment from the first Nier game where he played a mechanic who went absolutely apeshit over the death of his younger brother, so that bodes well for the second half.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
NGL, if Seiros somehow ended up as a boss, she’d probably have some wicked theme music.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Looks like it's going to be really easy to make Dorothea a Mortal Savant. Not the first student I'd pick to be a warrior monk, but that's pretty cool.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Honestly, I can kind of see why they went for Alois. Marital situation aside, he seems like a pretty fun dude to be around. I'm completely lost on Gilbert, though. Putting it gently, he seems like he's got some very niche appeal.

Tired Moritz posted:

Why dont IS want my fujo gold...
They probably would have made Jeritza a M/M option if they did. Nothing gets a fujoshi's imagination going like an antagonistic relationship between two attractive men.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

not a bot posted:

Join Dimitri in his quest to smash the elites of course.
And I thought Lorenz needed to keep it in his pants.

Alternatively:

Dimitri
Kills Every Last One of Them!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm gonna get real pissy if I can't make matches with my troops in Three Houses. It's one of the features that got me interested in the series beyond "Hey, this is where Marth and Roy came from," and I'm gonna feel betrayed if the love system revolves around the blank slate MC even more than before. I mean, Byleth is more of an actual defined character, but I still don't want them to be the only game in town, you know. Let me make Ignatz hold Hilda's books until she somehow falls head over heels for him.

hopeandjoy posted:

This is me tbh. I know people like to self insert and roleplay, but it always feels really awkward to me. Like, I named Mark after myself in my first FE7 playthrough and felt super awkward every time a character would turn to the screen and address me by name. Every time I S-support someone with Robin I turn away from the screen because characters looking me in the eye and telling me they’re in romantic love with me gives me severe secondhand embarrassment.
My typical procedure in games with customizable protagonists is looking at the setting and story and basing the design off of that. For example, I made Grima's vessel look like the scummiest rear end in a top hat around, which made Chrom's belief in him all the more absurd. I also gave him Skill as a boon, because the Grimleal bred him to be good at everything, and Luck as a bane, because reality itself wanted him dead.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Zore posted:

Yeah the Fateswakening and Geneaology pairing stuff rocked because you could have a bunch of weird pairings between odd couples instead of just the safest and most boring poo poo ever like all the other FE games.

Especially if only Byleth having S supports means we have FE6's 'only Roy has paired endings' crap.
I'd say the other games have their moments, though that might just be the nostalgia filter talking. I still remember Kent and Fiora agreeing to a private conversation about limiting the public displays of affection in camp, only for the next conversation to show them struggling to speak to each other like two uptight co-workers who had a spontaneous one night stand.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 16, 2019

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Going by his likes I think he will be fairly ironic.
Maybe he's gonna lean into it and make some dry jokes about his bad reputation.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Is Roy in Three Houses?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
drat, what a disappointment. At least the spirit of everybody in camp making eyes at each other has been preserved to some extent.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

the 'a supports have implied romance' angle allows for almost exactly the same kind of thing (shipping) but with way less clunky writing
You have a point. At least we're not going to see our troops fumble their way into a relationship...with each other, at least. Overall, it's not too bad of a change if you've got an active imagination, and this kind of topic tends to attract a lot of those.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 20, 2019

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I’m a bit surprised Flayn and Cyril can’t support each other, since they’re the youngest of the bunch. I guess they just don’t have anything in common besides that.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I have a feeling Rhea's the designated endgame unit and you wouldn't have gotten much time to build up her non-Byleth supports even she did have them.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Why is Hanneman an S-Rank option for FByleth

why
He wasn't Byleth's surrogate father, so there's that.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

That's beyond stupid.
:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/Ippei_painter/status/1189905081509896192

I choose to believe this is Mercedes roasting her little brother.