Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
After the initial trailers basically sunk my interest, it's been renewed with the new info that's been revealed recently. Probably will look out for impressions first before deciding to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Well this turned my verdict from "wait and see" to "stay the gently caress away!"

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

There is also another possibility: it was an earlier draft of the line that got overlooked in a build and accidentally pushed with the patch. The fact that it is just a more plain version of the line makes me suspect that, especially since I have seen things like that before.

The problem with that theory was that the line got rerecorded. Hard for something like that to be accidental.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Frustratingly enough it seems to be a thing with Nintendo's localization branches in general. For whatever reason the NOE branch decided to tone down a character who was explicitly a lesbian into merely implied being one in Xenoblade 2's localization.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Tae posted:

So apparently the translation might be even worse than I initially thought:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/dmay58/so_treehouse_really_cant_translate_crimson/

Spoilers for part 2.

lmfao how do these people still have jobs? Is there any localization of theirs that actually turned out remotely good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Didn't the developers backport some of the English translation "liberties" they took in Revengeance back into the Japanese script because they were so impressed with it?

Armstrong's "I have a Dream" speech was a big example iirc.