Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Quick question - I thought fists were locked off for both horseback units and for flyers, not just horses?

Anyway, I'm super keen to get started on this game. Gonna go with my boy Claude even though I need to do a Blue Lions and Red Eagles run at some point for Dedue and Hubert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

quote:

RPG Site: You throw the characters you create out most times, to create something new. Is that daunting - trying to recreate the magic of characters who take on a life of their own like Marth and Tharja?

Kusakihara: Yeah, of course. But also, we're always never very far from the legendary characters from the Fire Emblem series. We have games like Fire Emblem Heroes and Fire Emblem Warriors - so fans can enjoy the legendary past characters in those sorts of games. When we have games like that, all-star games, we're really happy to create a whole new game of characters from scratch.

Could just be empty talk but this gives me a good feeling much like everything about this game.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Gonna grab Ingrid and/or Sylvain because I want to see if Dimitri reacts to those betrayals in the timeskip.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

In a surprise twist nobody asked for, it'll still be Alphonse for Smash

Although I'd kinda like Claude for Smash?

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I'm honestly not sure if there's any room to increase the difficulty for another mode. Maddening was the name given to the highest difficulty in the datamine, I'm not sure what happened to Lunatic.

I'm up to C3 right now and it's brutal. I'm still muddling through though but my main concern will be the DK in chapter 4. If he moves now, we'll have to kill him and on BE, my best option for the finisher is Knightkeeler Steel Lance from Bernie with her personal up which is what, 20 damage? Gonna need to figure out how to beat him safely, friend of mine has already had to restart his run because he was 2 damage off killing DK.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I've killed DK on chapter 4 on a raw NG. It took a bit of effort but the trick is having a good finisher + enough ranged gambits to chip away at him until you can kill with Dark Spikes/Knightkeeler. I killed him with a Steel Lance Knightkeeler from Ferdie, BL can probably do Dimitri Knightkeeler and GD can do whatever since they're the strongest

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

nrook posted:

An update from NG Maddening:

gently caress Miklan Gautier.

Yeah, that map sucked big time. Not sure if it's worse than chapter 3 or not. At least my units are starting to become good thanks to finally getting +20% XP from statues.

Also a datamine revealed his full name to be Miklan Anschutz Gautier if you wanted to curse that name instead.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Seteth's VA is so good if you kill Flayn. It's one of those scenes that is powerful thanks to the VA's performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

If you're on Hard or below, you can just kind of roll with character proficiencies and it'll work out fine enough. Focusing on a specific weapon is done so you can go into classes that require those weapon ranks or so you can run a setup of combat arts of that type.

I bumbled through the game my first time on Hard and didn't have too many problems, Claude is good enough from mid to late game to carry you through hard for the most part.