Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Did you never notice his white hair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

Half the actual story of fates doesn't make sense without that dlc, including who the gently caress is lilith and why is Corrin so goddamn important

Having never touched the dlc, what do they add to the story to help it make sense?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What also helped was that Awakening story wise had a solid first act.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

He only get the mask after Valentia. I think they retconned it so that Conrad gave him a mask because thats what people with masks do, apparently.

I thought Echoes happened after 12.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bongo Bill posted:

Byleth is a Robin, it's just this time you get to pick which of three Chroms you want.

It is more Robin getting to pick between Chrom, Chrom when dealing with Gangrel, and Walhart.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tiger Millionaire posted:

That rewind feature is an interesting one. I wonder if you can only use it in your turn ala "oh poo poo, i moved my guy to the wrong position" or it can be used in enemy turn to get around "WHAT THE gently caress THAT CRIT WAS BULLSHIT".

In fact I wonder if it messes with the rng seed at all.

Everything we have seen indicates that it works like it does in Echoes. So you can only use it during your turn but you can rewind back as many actions as you want until the start of the battle. In regards to the rng it does nothing to change it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

I hate that chapter!!

It was an interesting gimmick which was made much worse in Revelations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Looking at the beast boss fight on youtube it seems as though they could be challenging to deal with due to the sheer amount of hp they have combined with an ability to attack multiple units at once.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lord Koth posted:

Something bad happens to Dmitri during the timeskip that causes him to go all angrymans and "the nobility must be destroyed."

Where is all this gently caress the nobility coming from in regards to Dmitri?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I can't believe I never got around to watching the trailer.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

That's been a mechanic in FE games before (specifially FE3 and FE5) so yeah. Doesn't seem like it'll be FE5 where everyone loses their horses indoors though.

We have seen an indoor map already so we know that you can be mounted indoors.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The final house video is up now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK5doMgxxc0

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Shortest Path posted:

"As a fragile maiden, I am useless in battle" -murders a dude with an axe-

Hilda is great. :getin:

Considering she critted the guy to death I think she is subtly asking you to help clear up the mess.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The monsters could be a good way of giving exp to weaker units as it seems you get the kill bonus for exp every time you clear a health bar.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just as a heads up, if the turnwheel system works like it did in previous games you can't use it if you get a game over screen.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hope that the game recognizes that instructors taking advantage of the teacher-student power dynamic is a grave breach of trust.

Now dating other instructors, on the other hand

Considering that you can only start dating after the time skip it will be difficult to abuse a power dynamic that no longer exists.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lord Koth posted:

Also, Nintendo's got a new trailer up, though for some reason it's not on their main channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kymq4y_PGIQ

It really is quite the intense opening.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Seen a couple spoiler support texts and they are definitely going to some dark places in this game.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
A rumor I heard is that he only wanted to be Byleth so that he could be in Smash and gently caress with one of his ex-girlfriends so I am very much down for Byleth never showing up in Smash.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

is it like just in the vicinity, or like side by side

Side by side

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I mean that's definitely what smart people do but I'm not smart and looked at just enough leaks to totally destroy my ability to make a decision and so now I'm all caught up in ~which story do I do fiiiiiirrrrrrst~ stupidity

Join me in ensuring that all are equal under the boot of our glorious new axe lord/empress.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame posted:

Their character trait is being somewhat terse and unemotive, though. Beep boop. Either gender has technically different personalities and lines like Awakening and Fates, though from what little I saw I couldn't really divine anything specific like fem-Morgan being a god drat menace to society.

I will not see you insult fem-Morgan like this. She was an adorable god drat menace to society.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

truly i cannot imagine anything more depraved then 'looking across the table'

Looking at people intently when they are wearing their uniform is truly the most debauched of activities.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So is it for sure that Three Houses goes live at EST Midnight?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just checked and you are right.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a link to the page that listed all the units you could poach from other houses?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am surprised no one has commented on the month concept art and narration for helping with world building as I am really enjoying them.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if anyone else has commented on it but I am loving the support between Casper and Petra so far.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bogart posted:

isn't that the one where he's like I wanna train with you!! But oh poo poo, my dad killed yours, WHUH OHO!!?

He is a bit of an idiot so I am not surprised it took him a moment to remember that fact. It is more establishing that Petra is very much in the gently caress the old ways camp which makes her a great fit to follow Edelgard.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I love the final guide question when you find your first beast.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I have fought two beasts and right now Edelgard is doing her best to show just how much she hates them. The first one she hit for 75 damage and while it didn't kill the thing, it was so weak that all I had to do was blow on it to finish the thing off. The second beast she hit for 126 damage and I am pretty sure they will be picking up pieces of the thing for months.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pastrymancy posted:

I got an advice box ask from Hubert and it was like "I kind of wanted to be a pegasus knight"

sorry, buddy. Game mechanics don't let me do it this time

I love the idea of Hubert deep inside wanting to be the closest thing the world has to being a magical girl.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Pairing up Fernand and Hubert to do a task together leads to some great dialogue.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Edelgard C/C+ spoiler So when I heard the story of how all her siblings had died I initially thought that it was because there was something funky about their crest that was causing it to kill those unlucky enough to properly inherit it. Finding out that they all died in hosed up experiments was a being what the gently caress moment for me.

Also as a general note, gently caress the Death Knight and his stupidly high crit chance.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Spoiler for mission that takes place after the dance. I was so happy to see Byleth try to use the divine pulse to stop Jeralt from getting stabbed. It didn't work but still it was nice to see a game protagonist attempt to use game powers to stop plot scene bullshit.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Carlosologist posted:

Legend of the Lake :stare:

It was touch and go towards the end for me but the highlight was chatting up the boss who seemed as though he was doing it just for Leonie.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hubert's rank A support with Byleth is amazing.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arkeus posted:

Huh, that reminds me. I could have set up Adjudant a while ago, but I am not seeing any tabs on how to do it. I guess I am blind, but where do you do the whole thing?

Also, as for the death knight, does he have infinite range counter or something? My archer can attack from 5 range or something and through walls but he still counters?

He has a special skill that allows him to counter any non gambit attacks.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just beat the second to last map in the Edelgard path and I learned two things. One, stacking crit chance with gauntlets is great as long as you have the strength to back it up. Two, that you have to switch out your combat arts as you can only have so many on a character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Late game has forced me to focus on beast fights which has helped me realize just how flawed a concept the whole barrier destruction is. As the game says that you should be trying to take down all four corners but all you need is one opening and you can just tear them to shreds. Of course this makes it almost impossible to get materials from them but I can live without that headache.