Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

You can't marry Edelgard's gay vampire best friend as a man and that's a crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Bring back fire emblem where there is no player stand-in protagonist. Just the Lord(s) and their band of chucklefucks.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Don't bother with Mortal Savant, just take Hubert all the way through the dark seal classes. Just let the goth boy be goth.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

So is this DLC gonna let me be boyfriends with the big hunky brawler character or do I have to live with this blatant discrimination against me and my types?

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

This is only the second game with the turnwheel and what, the third with Casual mode?

Yeah that concept ain't threatening.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Optimal kids aren't really necessary in anything but Lunatic, and by then you just want to make sure every kid winds up with Galeforce.

Robin and Morgan are in a unique situation compared to anyone else. Because Robin can literally support any opposite gender unit, Morgan can gain nearly any skill by inheritance. On top of this, Morgan can be a third generation unit, with one of the child units being their parent. This leads to Robin showing up very late in the game, but also being one of the strongest units you can get.

Furthermore, Morgan is also how you can wind up with a third taguel character or a fourth manakete! If Panne or Yarne are Morgan's parent, they default to being a taguel and have the beast classification regardless of class. Likewise, if Nowi, Nah, or Tiki are her mother, Morgan will be a manakete and always have the dragon classification. This isn't really important but if you want a flight of dragons or a warren of rabbits, start shacking up with the furries/scalies.

Lastly, Robin has a unique quality for their non-Morgan children. Usually the father passes down an alternate class for his child to reclass into. Robin doesn't have an alternate class, they have ALL classes available. So Robin's non-Morgan child will be able to reclass into nearly anything, gender permitting. Depending on how you play your Robin, they can give crazy skill combination potentials to their children. This includes Lucina! I once had her with Aether, Ignis and Rightful King, which was a bit silly.

Zore posted:

1) Chrom will get married by a certain point in the story (end of Chapter 11). If he hasn't already S supported someone he will marry the woman he has the highest support level with (there is an internal order that breaks ties and also gives some priority to Olivia who you only get during that Chapter). If everyone is dead/already married/he has literally 0 support points with anyone he marries a nameless NPC.

I think the only good thing about the nameless village woman Chrom can marry is that she gives Lucina the best growth rates for Magic, effectively making her the best option if you want mage Lucina.

Edit: Ignore me on this one I'm an absolute fool

Malpais Legate fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 24, 2020

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Zore posted:

If the Villager is her mom does she even get access to a mage class? Chrom only gets her Lord/Cav/Archer and Bride can't use magic.

I swore she got Mage by default? But I must have confused the set-up with something else, it's Maribelle that makes her a viable mage. I'd forgotten Maribelle could even support Chrom.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Ulio posted:

How do you hit S rank support? Is it just sticking the two units together on the battlefield each time? Does units defeated while paired increase it quicker?

There's a limit per battle of how much support they can earn. The little heart animation when you end their turn together/next to each other indicates they're earning support, but I think it only works like three or so times before you can separate them and spread the love.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I almost quit the game doing White Clouds because of how incredibly un-Fire Emblem it is and how stupidly busywork it is. It was kind of frustrating that the game gave you a tutorial level and then throws like, an hour or so of monastery fuckery at you instead.

I got over it but I still don't care for spending half the game walking around a castle picking which waifu I'm going to have tea/lunch with. The visual novel-esque elements are a key part of what has me not really wanting to replay the game, on top of being very disappointed by my first route being Crimson Flower. It feels kind of punishing for the route to be much shorter and have basically an unfulfilling conclusion like it did.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Edelgard's game plan is to be a War Cleric. It being a DLC class released later, her faith weakness and the lack of a dedicated female punch class leading into it are all just hurdles designed to keep her true power at bay.

I didn't even think of this and now I have to replay Crimson Flower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Will forever be mad that her personal class did not let her use magic.

I should finish playing my run with the DLC, I'd only ever played the game once prior to the introduction of the Ashen Wolves and their classes. I never got to recruit Jeritza!